Arenanet, thank you.

Dear Arenanet,I would like to thank you. Today was my very first birthday ingame, which means I've been playing this game for exactly one year. First of all, I really appreciate the birthday gift, I love my new title:)!

You introduced some free items in the gemstore, conveniently the same day I got to celebrate my first birthday:)! Also with the new Icebrood saga (and new episode) that I've really enjoyed and so far looking very promising in my opinion, I've had a blast in discovering the new maps and doing the events and the story!

In the span of one year I played gw2 a LOT, I made a couple of friends, started a guild, did all sorts of content, but most important: I made amazing memories ingame, I really enjoy exploring the vast world you created for us. I have a list of favourite npcs and places which I visit from time to time:)! Whenever I go to Queensdale or Divinity's Reach, I feel so happy and especially those areas make me realize how amazing this game is:)!

Thank you for bringing me so much enjoyment with this beautiful game.

-Speedylord

@Mil.3562 said:I knew it. It has to be new player giving thanks again. Well, play for another year, if this game is still around, let Nerf Team nerf your main profeesons to the ground and then come back here and be grateful again :D

I'm not really that of a competitive player to be honest ehe:D! But we'll see hahahaI'll most likely play this game untill it isn't around anymore:)!Anyways thx for your reply!

@Mil.3562 said:I knew it. It has to be new player giving thanks again. Well, play for another year, if this game is still around, let Nerf Team nerf your main profeesons to the ground and then come back here and be grateful again :D

Playing for seven years, still happy with the game, still enjoying it. So is my wife and at least a few people in my guild. I think this sort of generalization doesn't help anyone. You don't like the game. Maybe others in your demographic don't like the game. But it's factually true that there are people playing this game for seven years that are still enjoying it.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Playing for seven years, still happy with the game, still enjoying it. So is my wife and at least a few people in my guild. I think this sort of generalization doesn't help anyone. You don't like the game. Maybe others in your demographic don't like the game. But it's factually true that there are people playing this game for seven years that are still enjoying it.

@Vayne.8563 said:Hey SpeedyLord... glad you're having fun. Here since the first day of the first beta and still enjoying myself. :)

Wow, I'm impressed you got to play this during beta, that's really cool!! It's really nice to hear about players loving this game from start on up untill now, I love your passion! I wish I discovered this gem of a game sooner:)!

@Mil.3562 said:I knew it. It has to be new player giving thanks again. Well, play for another year (if the game is still alive) and let the Nerf Team nerf your main professions to the ground and then come back here and be grateful again :D

What is wrong with you that you have to be negative to a guy that's actually just enjoying the game?

I've also been playing since before launch and still enjoy the game. What I really hate is the amount of kitten negativity on the forums and Reddit, but I guess the people that enjoy the game are playing it instead of complaining all day long. /shrug