Deadly Ambition nerf of Pointlessness

LadyKitty.6120

Honestly condi DE with rifle still feels fine, you can still get reasonable ticks which is fine given the 1500 range and the fact it pierces. I was using rifle as a support weapon to build malice and force cleanses ready for a P/D spike though, so that might be why I'm not as bothered by this change as some seem to be.

@Straegen.2938 said:The thing with changes like this that kitten me off is that they spend an inordinate amount of time tweaking this skill yet condi mirage, boon beast pew pew, etc run around with nary a nerf in sight. Even when they do get a nerf it is so mild to hardly be noticeable. Meanwhile, they continually kitten all over entire weaponsets on the thief.

I love the feel of the thief class but they keep obliterating my builds competitiveness. Might as well roll a f'n Soulbeast and join the wall warrior club at this point because that is clearly where anet sees the roaming meta.

^ gotta agree with this tho, I'm still annoyed my trap build no longer exists. I'm hoping it's just a perception given I don't play those classes, or that the next balance patch will see more consistent changes.

• 3 weeks later...

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:Sooo! How's everyone's condi builds doing these days?

I tweaked mine and they do fine.

P/d condition with SB Took a little switch up in gameplay . I would not say it better then before but I now use #3 more then I did before. It a wash. This uses da/sa/de.

D/D condition. same old deathblossom play. What i did was go d/d d/d . Very one dimensional. I threw on sigil of doom and sigil of geomancy and I swap with regularity to trigger those sigils. Very good in 1v1 can handle outnumbered situations. Poor escape. The add of poison to the Dblossom sees me get stacks ticking to well over 4k in wvw with 4 k bleeds. Better then before. I might switch out to standard sb d/d but will stick with this a bit longer yet. Gimmicky but can work. This uses dd/da/tr

Grievers d/d rifle. Rifle took a bit of a hit but I was using it for power more then condition old prior to change in any case. What I do now is use power till they close and switch over to death blossom at melee mixing in the occasional #1 cycle or heart seeker or backstab. I would not class this as condition per se but it gets significant bleed/poison ticks and even dblossoms can do respectable raw damage. This uses DE/TR/CS. I also put p/p on this guy and have been going back and forth swapping pp/p for the rifle. No conclusions as to which I like better yet. P/P can get might up and churns out more overall damage from melee and condition while rifle is safer and has more escapes.