[suggestion] a fix To stop the problem of people Spawning items or merchant within other items

This is a reoccuring problem with certain thing in game. Many of you playing the game especially with in the HoT metas or boss events have probaley come across this and found it annoying.When that person puts a merchant, box, or item in or around something you NEED to interact with like a chest or something you to grab, but you can't because they spawned that merchant or item inside the item you are trying to get. So you keep interacting with that item or merchant instead of interacting with the object you want.

It's a simple fix to this could be, Have the item check before spawing, If the person in range with something they can interact with,(like a chest, NPC or anything) and If they are in range with another object or NPC they can interact with, then display the message "You are too close to an object to spawn this item, move to an open space." and it doesn't spawn the item in that place because they are too close to something.

This should somewhat prevent spawn greifing in certain places. It doesn't sound much but this is very common in Auric basin thing after Octavine has defeated. It can make the loot near impossible or annoying to get. Due to the spawning of merchants, avian boxes, fun boxes and other spawnable stuff with in the chests. In addition to having a limited time to get everything.

It should be possible as you have an error message that we can't go on a mount if the area around is the player is too small. So doing this for some spawnable items should be doable.

What do you guys think?

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:Agree. This form of griefing is something the game can do without. Mesmer portals can be included to this as well.

I'm sick of item griefing.Mesmar portals are that bad, they can get in the way and but rarely do,also They disappear after a few secs. so I don't think they need to be added to this as it might interfer with combat stuff.I've not seen any mesmars doing greifing portals. Most them just hastily place portals anywhere and warp then its gone in 3 seconds.

@Dante.1763 said:God yes please. the one that actually pissed me off the most was someone dropping a merchant in one of the middle sized auric basin chests after the meta, not once, but twice -_-

i've had times where multiple things were in the middle and large auric basin chest making the chest near impossible to get, because your cursor highlights the merchant or merchants or boxes or factory inside the chest rather than the actual chest. so you have to spend a little bit of time trying to find that ONE small angle your cursor highlights the chest to actually get it.It's annoying to do that daily. You just wanna run in and grab everything without this nonsense happening.

Archived