No one plays any group content on the new maps outside of griffon and bounties.

@MrRuin.9740 said:This is what happens when the devs listened to all the people who complained about HoT.Majority of players didn't complain. They are not even on any forums and sites. They simply didn't buy HoT or quit in first week. You think Anet don't have metrics about everything going on in game?Vocal minority my kitten.

And maps are full. People everywhere, doing everything maps offer.I play on EU tho.

@battledrone.8315 said:

@Squee Squashington.5189 said:Market to the casuals, cater to the tryhards.

They'll never learn.

yep, ive had enough of this craptime to find something else to play

Thing is, most people are in the main zones in the game The daily boss train is still popular. I wonder why they didn't just make the expansions more like the base game.

Give players who have finished their collections a bit of more incentive to help out with group content. Perhaps give bonus rewards for such players when at least one of the other participants has a relevant collection tied the group content they are doing. Also players generally are a bit lazy, so content that requires more travel time should have it's rewards improved compared to that are easier to access.

@MrRuin.9740 said:This is what happens when the devs listened to all the people who complained about HoT. We got an expansion that was essentially solo content and maps with no longevity.I'm a solo player, and I far prefer HoT over PoF. There's not a whole lot of solo content in the latter that I can actually do (definitely not bounties or most of the events), so I'm not sure why you're calling it solo-focused.

@Zaltys.7649 said:

@MrRuin.9740 said:This is what happens when the devs listened to all the people who complained about HoT. We got an expansion that was essentially solo content and maps with no longevity.I'm a solo player, and I far prefer HoT over PoF. There's not a whole lot of solo content in the latter that I can actually do (definitely not bounties or most of the events), so I'm not sure why you're calling it solo-focused.

This I agree with, I don't find PoF as a solo expac... When HoT was released I couldn't play with my friends because they didn't have time to wait for the meta events or didn't play long enough to do a full event cycle. But now when playing PoF we find doing bounties being really fun and we can do them when we want. We do the have to wait or anything, sure rewards can be better but I bet it will when they have studied it a little just as they said at the AMA.I played in small 2-3 player groups during HoT and now with PoF we are able to get at least a full group doing bounties or just exploring PoF. I have alot more fun with PoF.

I beleave when they have upped the rewards a little, people will play them more.

@Vanive.3804 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

They'll never learn.

Thing is, most people are in the main zones in the game The daily boss train is still popular. I wonder why they didn't just make the expansions more like the base game.

yea i see plenty of gliders and mounts in tyriaif the new zones were so awesome, they would prolly have stayed thereaccording to some, mmos have to change constantly, even if they have found the recipe for successi have seen this in so many other games nowif i had a product, that sells good, i wouldnt change it , before the sales plummeted

i leaded 4 maws attempts, 1 sucessful(cuz bugs the others was failing) and 1 sucessful Serpents Ire. the "trick" is early squad up.The Vabbi one, Serpents Ire, is timed like HoT zones, so u can squad up earlier, the times when it occur is on Wiki.

For me, that was a hardcore HoT farmer, the point Anet fails, inst providing clear maps manuals, perhaps the new metas are pretty straightforward.

LFG tool is still the way to go. I have taken it slow so I know some of the events tied to the griffon were going to be hard find with a group. I used LFG and found one for the corrupted facet. I used LFG again and advertised for another event for the Spirit one for the griffon and had 5 players in 5 minutes. SO LFG does still work. AS FAR as the metas and what not I haven't dug that far into PoF yet. Just enjoying the new content and taking it slow.

@Zaltys.7649 said:

Fortunately I achieved my immediate goals: completing act 1 and getting mastery level 3 on the first 4 mounts. After the last two chapters in act 1 I would want parties for some of the other chapters and if I completed them I would feel I had to do the griffon quest then complete all of its mastery levels. At this point I just want LS4 to start as soon as possible so I can look back on pof as just another episode.

@battledrone.8315 said:

@Vanive.3804 said:

@battledrone.8315 said:

They'll never learn.

yea i see plenty of gliders and mounts in tyriaif the new zones were so awesome, they would prolly have stayed thereaccording to some, mmos have to change constantly, even if they have found the recipe for successi have seen this in so many other games nowif i had a product, that sells good, i wouldnt change it , before the sales plummeted

If nothing else, I would say gliders and mounts have reinvigorated any map that came before them. People are discovering all sorts of places the devs never intended anyone would get to.

I do get annoyed when you can not use them around a JP though. I do not do JPs, but it means I do not have access to other new stuff in the area. Since I do not do puzzles I usually find out there is a JP by falling out of the sky in mid jump to something else.

Archived