Elite spec idea: Rocketeer

ukuni.8745

Aight so no better time to suggest a new elite spec then now so here goes, also genna throw in some other stuff that isnt in the game but should be.

Rocketeer(name up for discussion)Weapon: Greatsword or staff or longbow or any, preferablly low cooldowns and a great deal of ranged explosives going on.Skills: rocket science, or someother name im a chef not a creative writerMechanic: Jetpack, replace toolbelt skills with f1-4 being uses of the jetpack for forwards left and right and backwards.

Weapons skillsAuto attack: Channel stacking vulnerability then launch a rocket at your enemy.

• moderate damage.
  • counts as explosive.
  • 1 second cast time with vulnerability stacked every 1/3 a second until the rocket is launched.
  • 1200 range
  • 20% projectile finisher
  • Pierces

Skill 1: Launch a fast long range rocket that deals moderate damage in a large aoe

• 1/4 sec cast time makes it good to be used as a follow up to an auto attack rocket
  • 4 sec cd
  • 100% projectile finisher and counts as an explosive
  • 1200 range

Skill 2: Essentially use a rocket to launch your self into your enemy and detonate a rocket dealing aoe damage then evade away from the enemy in the same direction you traveled

• First portion of the attack dosent count as an evade
  • first portion counts as a leap finisher
  • obviously counts as an explosive

Skill 3:shatter the ground with a large bunker busting rocket creating a earth field(defiantly new thing)or lighting field and dazing enemys.

• 1200 range
  • blast finisher
  • targeted aoe
  • earth field applys protection on blasts, magnetic aura for 2 seconds on leap and bleeds on projectile/whirl finishers.
  • 3/4 sec cast time and travel time on top of that.

Skill 4: Launch 8 rockets that spin outwards away from the engineer that blow up when connecting with an enemy or object

• initial cast is a whirl finisher
  • rockets are 100% projectile finishers and count as explosives

Utility skillsThese skills will utilize the ammo mechanic heavily and hopefully have decent synergy with other weapon sets and multiple setupsHeal:Launch a rocket that Heals everyone in the area and clears a condi

• 2 ammo
  • 2.5k heal each rocket
  • 1/2 sec cast time
  • 1200 range

Utility 1: Load napalm into your attacks apply 2 stacks of burning and burn away 2 boons increaseing duration of burns for each boon removed.

• 1/2 sec cast time
  • 3 ammo
  • 5 sec cd/20 second recharge
  • 3 second increase in burn duration for each boon stripped
  • always inflicts the burns but duration on applied with boons stripped

Utility 2: Reduce weapon skill cooldowns by 20% gain super speed and quickness for 5 seconds, essentially this is just you loading shit quickly and getting the job done.

• only counts for weapon skills
  • 3 ammo
  • 1 sec cd/20 second recharge
  • 3/4 cast time

Utility 3: Break stun and leap backwards, smillar to what the old rocket boots would do but without the self knockdown

• thematically realistic with the jetpack youll have
  • 3 ammo
  • 10 sec cd/60 second recharge

Utility 4: Add extra explosives to your next attack making it deal an additional attack that does medium damage and count as a blast finisher

• 1/2 sec cast time
  • 3 ammo
  • 2 sec cd/20 second recharge
  • bigger rockets hell yea

Elite: Barrage rockets.

• 5 ammo
  • no cast time
  • no cooldown 5 second recharge
  • counts as 100% projectile finishers and explosives
  • all rockets launched together would preferablly deal around the same damage as rapid fire

Class mechanicToolbelt skills get changed to a different directional use of the jet pack for 4 different directions, the idea is to have these as really really fast dashes so the engineer is very quickly able to out kite enemys without taking a big hit to casting uptime.

• 450 range dash
  • 2 ammo with no cool down and a 10 second recharge
  • f1 is left/ f2 is forward/ f3 is right and f4 is backwards
  • insanely fast, entire animation should take around 1/4 a second to complete
  • using a dash will interrupt your animations in favor of the dash
  • using a dash while immobilized will cause you to go no where
  • dont count as evades
  • strength comes from being able to move out of enemy attacks rather then dodge frames
  • looks rad as kitten

TraitsMinor: gives access to the the rocketeer stuff.

Trait 1-1: Rocketeer utilitys have 1 extra ammunition and 20% reduced CD.Trait 2-1: Projectile Finishers are counted twice.Trait 3-1: Using a jetpack dash will give a 4% damage increase for 10 seconds max stacks of 5 and 2 seconds of superspeed for every enemy within a 300 radius of the start of the dash.

Adept: 10% damage increase on foes that are under the effect of a movement impairing effect.

Trait 1-2: Using a skill that has maximum ammo charges clears a condition.Trait 2-2: Being effected by a control effect while jetpack dashing will break stun and apply 2 stacks of stability.Trait 3-2: Projectile skills have 100% extra velocity and deal 10% extra damage.

Master: 10% damage reduction from foes that are under the effect of a movement impairing effect.

Trait 1-3: Successfully evading an attack causes the next jetpack dash to count as an evade and leap finisher 3 second cd.Trait 2-3: Striking an enemy with 5 stacks on vulnerability causes the attack to launch and additional barrage rocket.Trait 3-3: Effects caused by your finishers is doubled.

Okay so it has synergy with the tools trait line from the reduced cd on jet pack dashs and kenetic battery giving a high uptime on quickness and superspeed, trait 1-2 gives some much needed condi clear alternatives to taking the alchemy trait line and would also function with any skill that uses ammo including the jet pack dash with the downside being extended fights forcing the engineer to over use his skills with ammo, loads of synergy with explosives line, good condi application with a explosives and firearms setup, the 2-2 and 1-3 traits could have great synergy with autodefense bomb dispenser since break stun and smoke field for stealthing, using the combo finisher traits with a light field on a point fight in spvp would make for incredible condi clearing to team mates in the thick of it alternatively you could easily stack burns at long range from using the FTs fire wall or bleeds if they added the earth field i suggested, utility 4 with the fight setup could make for a decent support skill something along the lines of mortar kits water field with soothing detonation for lots of large area heals along with the healing skill could make for a great long range support build, using healing turret ontop of that with medical dispersion field and the 3-3 trait could supply massive amounts of healing from just blasting and leaping threw fields, the possibilitys are pritty good with this idea i think.

The last problem is fashion wars, we could just have a generic jetpack that is on allways when using the rocketeer or a jetpack that appears on the engineer when using a jetpack dash i wouldnt mind something that looks similar to the archwing from warframe and when using a jetpack skill it would have an animation of it poping up and out of your hips that way it dosent block backpacks.

well thats all hope yas like this idea

@Adamantium.3682 said:Sounds cool but doesn't bring anything Engineers don't already have. I think the next elite spec needs to be support.

Assuming they do elite specs the same next time... at some point they need to rethink the design as adding a new spec + weapon isn't sustainable.

DPS at 1200 range that's actually capable of reliably hitting moving targets is something we don't already have. The closest we have to it is an auto attack on a weapon primarily focused on short range, or a slow, ground-targeted projectile on a weapon that is basically a combo field generator.

Eh, to me that's a niche of something we already have. I'd be very disappointed if the next elite spec was ranged dps. We already have condi dps and power dps. Still lack in group support by a lot, that should be the next spec I think.

I don't really play support, I prefer dps. But I recognize where the Engi's need is.

@Adamantium.3682 said:Eh, to me that's a niche of something we already have. I'd be very disappointed if the next elite spec was ranged dps. We already have condi dps and power dps. Still lack in group support by a lot, that should be the next spec I think.

I don't really play support, I prefer dps. But I recognize where the Engi's need is.

i dont see engi getting a viable support spec without it either taking other classes niches and using them himself like mesmers alacrity or getting a compleatly new mechanic to use other then that we do technically have a support spec for pvp and thats scrapper with its double ressing and stomping capabilitys and staying power which atm is really not in a good place as far as the meta goes, as far as pve goes and to a lesser extent GvG what scrapper could really use for support is buffs to the core trait lines that benefit the scrapper in a way that cant be utilized as well as a core engi or other elite spec like makeing gyros provide pulsing elixir based buffs or bonuses to team mates you give superpeed to which is rather easy for scrapper to apply decently in the right setup like a straight up bonus to power or condition damage on team mates you apply superspeed to just my thoughts atleast.

We might replace other roles? Good! That's what elite specs should do. Alacrity should not be bound to Mesmers, and healing shouldn't be bound to Druids.

To the Alacrity point -- giving that solely to one class was one of the biggest design mistakes I think Anet has made for raiding. It makes Chronos irreplacable. To a lesser extent, Druids are also a problem. After one round of elite specs, okay I get it there's one healer. But now there's 18... and only one can heal a raid. After the next round we're looking at 27 elite specs (assuming the pattern holds and no new classes)... I think it's a big mistake if still only one can keep Alacrity up on a raid and only one can heal a raid. Other elite specs need to start making some of those roles more flexible.

@Adamantium.3682 said:Eh, to me that's a niche of something we already have. I'd be very disappointed if the next elite spec was ranged dps. We already have condi dps and power dps. Still lack in group support by a lot, that should be the next spec I think.

Oh, please. Try fighting exclusively from range in sPvP and tell me how that goes for you.

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

Oh, please. Try fighting exclusively from range in sPvP and tell me how that goes for you.

So you're telling me it's good as a PvP spec? That's an even worse outcome. Engi has a PvP elite spec already. Let's do something new.

@Adamantium.3682 said:

So you're telling me it's good as a PvP spec? That's an even worse outcome. Engi has a PvP elite spec already. Let's do something new.

Why? Deadeye is both a decent PvP spec and all but necessary for some parts of PvE. Soulbeast is good at both. Why should we just not have a ranged damage option in PvP?

@Unholy Pillager.3791 said:

@Adamantium.3682 said:

Why? Deadeye is both a decent PvP spec and all but necessary for some parts of PvE. Soulbeast is good at both. Why should we just not have a ranged damage option in PvP?

We should, no doubt. But we need the support spec first.

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Adamantium.3682 said:

We should, no doubt. But we need the support spec first.

Again, why? We're the only profession without a viable ranged option; we are not the only one without a viable support option.

I think is about opinions. Some of us really really don't see ranged dps as something more important than reasonable support for Engie. The discussions on Raids and fractals tend to support this, as far as I understand them.Conversely: How would having ranged dps open up a place for Engie in the hard to access content? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

@Ardid.7203 said:I think is about opinions. Some of us really really don't see ranged dps as something more important than reasonable support for Engie. The discussions on Raids and fractals tend to support this, as far as I understand them.Conversely: How would having ranged dps open up a place for Engie in the hard to access content? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

It would certainly open us up to PvP in the current meta...

Clearly Anet is not against support specs that also deals good damage, just look at tempest, scourge and firebrand. We can have good ranged dps and support in one elite spec.

On topic, I do like the idea of a rocketeer, maybe another name. The class mechanic does not need to replace 4 toolbelt skills tho, it can be boiled down to a single key that you press like dodge (moving left sends you left). Lets say F5 since they seems to prefear that with Holosmith.

The spec seems quite heavily focused on projectile combo finishers, so I'd suggest finding space for this kinds of traits:

• Deal more damage to enemies standing in combo fields.
  • Leave a firefield behind whenever you rocket-dash
  • If your projectiles would be blocked, destroyed or reflected, it instead shatters dealing damage in a cone back where it came from.

I do not like the idea of an auto attack that requires channel tho, I think engineers needs something that fires quicker to be different from rifle or pistol attacks. A longbow/shorbow that fires explosive arrows seems fitting for this elite spec.

• 1 month later...

@Adamantium.3682 said:Sounds cool but doesn't bring anything Engineers don't already have. I think the next elite spec needs to be support.

Assuming they do elite specs the same next time... at some point they need to rethink the design as adding a new spec + weapon isn't sustainable.

Or ranged one. Engineer still doesn't have a proper ranged weapon like longbow for exemple.

@Iyomi.5374 said:Dont engi's already have inventions and alch for support? Well they're just so bad that they dont really look like it.

Let's not forget the Med Kit. I think the last time I used it was in 2012 maybe 2013 in mostly condition builds that didn't use HGH/409. I want... this, being functional, not an elite spec that steps over it.

@MrForz.1953 said:

@Iyomi.5374 said:Dont engi's already have inventions and alch for support? Well they're just so bad that they dont really look like it.

Let's not forget the Med Kit. I think the last time I used it was in 2012 maybe 2013 in mostly condition builds that didn't use HGH/409. I want... this, being functional, not an elite spec that steps over it.

This, core engi has a plethora of support thats good on paper but bad in practice.

Archived