Sylvari storyline (after level 80) order bugged? MAJOR SPOILERS!

Okay, I've looked for answers all over the internet and can't find anything similar to this. So here goes:I was in Dragons Stand doing my story missions and at the end of the mission, I had to kill Trahearne with his own sword Caladbolg (or however it is spelt).I visited the memorial built for him in The Grove, and then continued with my main story, which lead me to Cursed Shore and the mission called Ships of the Line. At the end of this mission, Zott dies and TRAHEARNE COMES UP TO ME AND STARTS TALKING ABOUT ZOTT!How is Trahearne alive?! Did I somehow manage to do this story out of order (despite following the little green stars all over the map)?Anyone else had this issue?I am so confused right now...Any assistance would be fantastic.

Because personal story takes place before the story in Heart of Thorns. So yeah, you did the story out of order.

This is sort of the case with Living story seasons, expansions and Personal story. You can start them out of order without any message saying that you are doing so.Though at least the story journal itself keeps everything in chronological order. (which is Personal story, Living Story Season 1; Living Story Season 2; Heart of Thorns; Living Story Season 3; and then Path of Fire

Your Personal Story - the story of the core game when you're doing you're battles against your first Elder Dragon, Zhaitan - is chronologically before the content in Heart of Thorns.

Additionally, completing Heart of Thorns does not complete all of your "core Tyria" personal story - once you finish HoT story, the game will automatically plop you back to any uncompleted piece of core Tyria, original level 1-80 personal story content. It isn't a bug, it just sounds like you jumped into HoT as soon as you could on this character before you completed the original personal story, and then once you beat it the game sent you to go finish the core Tyria content.

The full order for the story goes:Personal Story (called My Story in the Story tab)Living Story Season 1 (Scarlet's War) - currently inaccessible to everyoneLiving Story Season 2Heart of ThornsLiving Story Season 3Path of Fire (coming soon)

At first only the Personal Story will be available to you, but once you reach level 80 you can play any/all of them you have unlocked in any order. However they do still follow a set order with an overarching narrative. If you play them in a different order you are going to encounter anomalies like that.

If you go into your hero panel in the game, and select the My Story tab, the undone parts of the story will be either not checked off in the panel or have a grey emblem on the list while the finished parts will be checked off in the panel or have a gold emblem beside them in the list. They should be done in order going down, with the exception of Scarlet's War since that's not possible to do anymore no matter how much we scream and wail.

Archived