Problem with necromancer balance (PvP)

Arenanet, for years, balanced PvP necromancer only for “few builds”, letting everything else “die”.

Scourge, for example, was supposed to be our support spec, but no decent support/healer build can exist right now.

We are not in this situation because it was overperforming, but because trying to “balance” Scourge condition and other aspects of PvP (or WvW), Arenanet has totally ignored the existence of the support/healing option.

A Scourge can’t be a decent healer with “no stability”, bad defence, even worst defence if away from an active shade, bad mobility. It has to get better at least in one of these aspects to become a decent option. Right now it can be easily focused and CC locked to death in few seconds.

I hope that Arenanet will think a bit more about the side effects of their balance patches. I feel like over the years the variety of “viable” builds/roles is diminished a lot.

The recent changes to the power coefficients helped to increase the variety of “viable” builds, I have to say that. Maybe now the Scourge spec needs a big rework (not small changes). Also, I’d touch only Scourge to fix Scourge, the other trait lines are fine and more balanced than ever.

@Black Storm.6974 said:

@Tharan.9085 said:DM and BM are fine and balanced PepeLaughDeath Magic is.

Blood Magic should have been shaved alongside the damage nerfs though.

Blood Magic got some nerf alongside the damage nerf and some other nerf few days later.Only Unholy Martyr got nerfed after. The minors could all do with a 20% shave or so.

@Aktium.9506 said:

Blood Magic got some nerf alongside the damage nerf and some other nerf few days later.Only Unholy Martyr got nerfed after. The minors could all do with a 20% shave or so.

Transfusion got nerfed too, alongside the power coefficients nerf. I wouldn’t mind if they nerf the life steals by 20%, but I don’t think it is “necessary”.

@Black Storm.6974 said:

Transfusion got nerfed too.Yeah but that's mostly because Anet wanted to make sure Scourge was properly deleted from PvP