Equipment Slots - Wardrobe option

I'm loving the Equipment slots more and more. I've purchased 2 additional so far. I've set this up with a different setup for Open World, Fractals, WvW and PvP. Might add one for Raids. I like the ability to have different slot enhancements in each set for the same weapon.

However, it appears that there is no ability to customize Wardrobe or Dyes for the same piece of armor or equipment for each equipment slot. I feel this is something that needs to be provided. It would be a great way to change your look for each set. I would probably buy another slot simply for 'Town' use if we had this option as I would much rather have one set of legendary armor than having to take up bag space for multiple items.

Please add this ability soon!!!!! :)

@Scatmanicus.4582 said:I'm loving the Equipment slots more and more. I've purchased 2 additional so far. I've set this up with a different setup for Open World, Fractals, WvW and PvP. Might add one for Raids. I like the ability to have different slot enhancements in each set for the same weapon.

However, it appears that there is no ability to customize Wardrobe or Dyes for the same piece of armor or equipment for each equipment slot. I feel this is something that needs to be provided. It would be a great way to change your look for each set. I would probably buy another slot simply for 'Town' use if we had this option as I would much rather have one set of legendary armor than having to take up bag space for multiple items.

Please add this ability soon!!!!! :)

Do note that everything you got equiped in each equipment slot is now not in your bags anymore so you can have up to 6 diffrent sets of armors for diffrent dyes and looks, that wont take any bag space at all.

The upgrade that the op wants is to separate fashion from gears. The game was designed with gear transmutation in mind, but this kind of change could be designed. So it'd be possible to change the looks / dye section and have it have multiple tabs, and these would override your worn equipment.

The forefront advantage of this would be that your look can be preserved when changing your gears for no cost, that would also be a boon to characters which are levelling up. The downside... is that now you'd have o buy dye/skin templates from the store on top of build and gear templates, and one would need even more keyboard shortcuts to change templates.

Well, it'd need polishing, but I think it'd be a nice thing to have.

@Skotlex.7580 said:The upgrade that the op wants is to separate fashion from gears. The game was designed with gear transmutation in mind, but this kind of change could be designed. So it'd be possible to change the looks / dye section and have it have multiple tabs, and these would override your worn equipment.

The forefront advantage of this would be that your look can be preserved when changing your gears for no cost, that would also be a boon to characters which are levelling up. The downside... is that now you'd have o buy dye/skin templates from the store on top of build and gear templates, and one would need even more keyboard shortcuts to change templates.

Well, it'd need polishing, but I think it'd be a nice thing to have.

So anet should stop their profitable outfits that do exactly what you want hiding armor and alow you to keep the look.They then have to design a new system were they have to make more armor parts.Yea thats not going to happen, alto I would like to see that aswell.

• You kinda seem to have glosed over their last like were they talked about bag space.

• 3 months later...

I didn't interpret the OP's suggestion as wanting to entirely separate the wardrobe from your equipment, but just giving you the option to reskin the same item two different ways in different equipment tabs.

Lets say you have a set of legendary armour. You've got it in one equipment tab with Beserker stats and in another tab with Soldier stats. At the moment it will look identical in both - same skins and same dyes and if you use the wardrobe to change it both equipment tabs will be changed together.

What I think the OP is suggesting is that you could choose to change the skins and dyes for the Beserker equipment tab but keep the Soldier one the same. Maybe you use one in PvE and want relatively plain skins and realistic metallic dyes so you blend in with the NPCs, but then you use the other one when you're commanding in WvW and want something big and bright so you stand out in the crowd and it's easier for people in your squad to find you.

At the moment the only way to do that is to have two separate sets of equipment, which is a lot more hassle to manage (especially if you have legendary armour), or use an outfit which restricts you to only those styles and you have to remember to switch equipment tabs and then switch to your outfit as well so it takes more time. (Especially if you use outfits for other things too and have to change all the dyes over as well.)

I think Anet might actually be working on this already, because they're making the legendary armoury which will make it possible to use one set of legendary armour on all characters who can wear that armour weight. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would only consider doing that if I can keep using different skins on each character. I have a human female ranger, male charr thief, female norn engineer and male asuran engineer and it would be great if all 4 could use a single set of legendary armour but there's no way I could find skins which look good on all of them and I'm certainly not going to restrict them to just using outfits so if the same skins and dyes carry over to all characters I just won't use the armoury.

If they can do it for legendary armour it seems likely the solution would carry over to other types of armour as well, and it would be great to have that option. I've got a set of ascended Vipers armour on my ranger which I use both open-world PvE and raids but with different trinkets and weapons and it would be nice if I could reskin that so I can tell at a glance which equipment tab I'm using and so when I'm using a very bright look in open-world PvE I can keep something more toned down for raids so I don't have to worry about annoying anyone or making it harder to see what's going on.