Story Missions

So I started up again, I played for awhile when the game came out and am going through the stories right now.

I can't be the only person who feels that mobs are needlessly tanky for no reason? These are designed for one person to go through if I am not mistaken, but it seems that what should be a 30 minute mission is 45-60 minutes because I need to combo X4 times to break a spear.

@Mithos.7139 said:Specifically the one I was talking about was Path of Fire, all of them feel that way.

And full exotic/ascended gear - legendary great sword as a firebrand. I am specced more as support but the time it takes feels way over the top.

What stats is on your gear? thats a huge factor. are you set up as a support for healing or for tanking?

Most of those are pretty short. I think the longest fight was ~5 minutes on a character that wasn't particularly DPS oriented. Accidentally got the achievement for defeating Iberu in under 2 minutes in "Bringining Out the Archon" on a character I didn't think could do it. Timing roughly estimated through chat box timestamps.

The majority of my characters are spec'ed for damage plus some form of sustain(generally through a trait or two) to deal with fights of any duration so it is not a matter of running glass cannons either.