Disappearing Energy Entities

Ossyrana.1637

So, I hesitated to make this post, because:

1. people may know something lore-wise that I don't which would damper my feeling of having "witnessed something new" lol
  2. I may sound crazy, and/or
  3. I thought I'd keep it a secret in case it's nothing or to be revealed later.~ ~ ~I have been asking all my friends and guildies if they have seen what I have seen and none can recall anything slightly similar to this sort. Ever since the very first day PoF was launched and I decided to test out the raptor race, I saw this really cool Being. It wasn't a ghost. These aren't filmy. It was more skeletal, lanky, and clearer...made up of energy, like electricity was pulsing through its essence. I kept seeing it everywhere I went in the Crystal Desert AND Central Tyria!!! I felt powerfully deep within me that it was very substantial and will play a huge roll in the balance of magic! So I thought to myself & was totally convinced that I would find out more about it in the storyline. But I finished the story solo, read and listened closely to everything yet not one single word was mentioned of it...like our characters never noticed! How? I mean to me it is hard not to notice, plus there is a vibrational buzzing sound effect when it fizzles into existence out of nothingness and disappears after about 5 seconds, fading right back into formlessness. I get so excited when I see them!! And no one else I've talked to about it has seen it or given any slight recognition of my descriptions. They think I'm crazy lol, but I know I'm not making up what I see. And they can't be there just for no reason...plus...why do they reveal themselves now?~ ~ ~
    Can't wait to find out more & see what unravels!Keep a look out!

@Ossyrana.1637 said:

@Haishao.6851 said:I'd try touching it

Actually, I have ran through them several times, but nothing happens. I'll keep trying to take a screenshot when they appear...it just happens so fast. (lol your advice makes me think of Taimi! Love it! xD)

Touching things and pressing buttons to see what happen got me in trouble a few time.I enjoyed the Priory faction a bit for that reason. Finding lost artifacts and gathering knowledge about anomalies and strange phenomenons and all that stuff.

I'll just say two things:

You're not crazy, it is real.

If you continuously run into the thing and nothing happens (like your character actually manages to touch the ghostly skeletal energy thing before it disappears), i'd make a post in the bug forums. Did your character say anything the first time you ran into one?

@castlemanic.3198 said:I'll just say two things:

You're not crazy, it is real.

If you continuously run into the thing and nothing happens (like your character actually manages to touch the ghostly skeletal energy thing before it disappears), i'd make a post in the bug forums. Did your character say anything the first time you ran into one?

Haha thanks! xD And nah, my character didn't say anything...I would have expected Nala to ponder aloud in the sylvari accent, "Whoa...what was that thing I just saw?" but I didn't hear anything like that.

@Ossyrana.1637 said:Haha thanks! xD And nah, my character didn't say anything...I would have expected Nala to ponder aloud in the sylvari accent, "Whoa...what was that thing I just saw?" but I didn't hear anything like that.

No problem XD.

Your character is supposed to say something once they touch it, just seeing it isn't enough. Perhaps a post in the bugs section may help get this looked at.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:If you don't want to know what it is and what to do about it, don't read this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anomalous_vision

Good luck.

Ahhhhhh thank you SO much!!! =) I am a little disappointed it doesn't have anything to do with the story or upcoming Living season...but I'm glad to now know what they are. I just really like them a lot and was hoping we'd get to eventually talk to them and work together lol. Now that I think of it, when I ran through it that first day of launch, I did get an achievement, but for some reason I hadn't looked to see what it was because I assumed it had something to do with the race. At first I even thought the Being was part of the obstacle course lol! I'll have to talk to those people it says to in wiki and continue this lil' journey :3 <3

Archived