Sun And Moon Style - Healing Power ?

Onlyflameone.2136

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Sun and moon style is based on % of damage done on a crit. So if you want to boost the effectiveness of the healing, stack power and precision. Healing power will do nothing for you on this trait.

May you answer my second question I posted after?

It is a % of damage. It does not matter how much healing power you have. It is a zero factor. This goes to any healing on damage modifiers.

Daggers and this trait have been one of my PoF biggest disappointments. Only MH dagger is viable and only in PvP. The damage the deal in PvE is pretty weak. And the OH, beside being weak, does not function well. The trait should also add either 100 power or ferocity per dagger.

Well Dagger 4 can ruin someone's day, but that requires setup and to not take shield.

Which begs the question, are our other OH weps bad or is shield op? Both is also an answer.

I was aiming more to PvE. Which axe/axe is the only setup. Why shouldn’t dagger/dagger be close damage wise in PvE? Cuz it can rip two boons? It is very disappointing.

Why should it? Just curious.

It shouldn't. Dagger/dagger has utility beyond damage. Sprint, quickness and/or healing when traited, interrupts, slow, boon rips, reflects, and a nice conditional +100% damage modifier that is not that hard to set up. Maximizing Dagger 4 however takes a lot though.

To be fair, daggers should do higher spike damage than axes. Axes are great for cleave and sustained dps due to low cooldowns and smooth animations on all skills (except Eviscerate). Daggers not only have significantly worse cleave, they are pretty much trash in PvE compared to axes. Utility is not really good argument since there are plenty of weapons that have it all (e.g. guardian's greatsword, ranger's greatsword, elementalist's dagger, thief's dagger, thief's staff, engineer's rifle, etc).Outside of some very rare situations, dagger 5 is completely useless in endgame PvE.Dagger 4 is the only skill that is in spirit of a dagger weapon type. What sucks is that the damage is comparable to single spamable Decapitate. Yikes.Dagger 3 is fast interrupt, nothing wrong with that. PvP skill mostly.Dagger 2 is also PvP skill, pretty weak in PvE. The 1.5 sec slow has no value in PvE at all.Autoattack is pretty bad. The 15% ciritical damage increase is a joke.Welp. I don't think dagger Spellbreaker will ever be a thing again in PvE. So much for build variety and profession variety in squads/parties, right dragonhunters/firebrands/renegades? :)

Well, I did not say it was best in slot utility, but you have to remember that Anet does balance around it. To be honest Dagger 3 should be a stun on interrupt, Dagger 4 should do slightly more damage baseline, and Dagger 5 I'd take a flat 12% damage increase over the vulnerablity. Its a fast weapon set, and it's damage can be higher, but any suggestions for increasing its damage would need to take into account what utility it does have.

Oh wow, that would be an absolute dream! This would be awesome for us stubborn d/d SBs.

I know, I've been playing d/d the past few evenings and that was my thoughts on them.