Sun And Moon Style - Healing Power ?

Onlyflameone.2136

As title states, I wonder, since I'm new to this game, will I get better healing from that Spellbreaker Trait, if I stack some Healing Power Runes ? Anyone can explain me with simple math calculations - how much effective is healing power? For example, if I get 1000 backheal points from crit damage, how much would heal me if I have +100 points healing power?

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:100 points ferocity (since Sun and Moon is based on crit damage) or 100 points power will end up with more healing? Any math?

If you are wanting to max healing from S&M run full Berserker stats with rune's of the scholar. If this is in PvE or WvW swap out some trinkets until you hit 100% crit chance with fury + any other precision buffs you have. Running axe mastery and using MH axe, and Forceful Greatsword, might signet, and signet of fury will max the healing, the overall effectiveness is up to you though.

Man I wish SaM was good. Imagine if it gave you a temporary boon for that 7% like Vampiric Presence upon using a dagger offhand skill. Then you could actually make use of somthing like GS burst to heal off of it. Hardest one handed weapon burst I can think of is Dagger 4 + Sword 3 but good luck landing that consistently.

@"Onlyflameone.2136" said:As title states, I wonder, since I'm new to this game, will I get better healing from that Spellbreaker Trait, if I stack some Healing Power Runes ? Anyone can explain me with simple math calculations - how much effective is healing power? For example, if I get 1000 backheal points from crit damage, how much would heal me if I have +100 points healing power?

Healing power wont do anything for Sun and Moon Style as the healing is based off your critical damage and only while you have a dagger offhand active..

Healing power should however effect Might is Right which is a Strength Trait that heals you and gives you endurance every time you give yourself might..

Combining the two traitlines can be very potent even without healing power as it is very easy to build a Warrior that can spam so much might on itself very, very quickly and maintain it.Add some HP regen or crit healing food in there too and basically you end up getting a lot of small heals coming in constantly from multiple sources.(multi source healing is imo one of the best methods of sustain in Gw2 PvE, Necro Minion Lifesteal is a good example of that.. i've also made a PvE Thief build that uses this multi source healing concept as well but I have not yet tested it)

I've been using a Warrior build set up like this for a few weeks now and been loving how much sustain it has for essentially a glass canon.My Build is here if you're interested.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PKEBwedjlZwuYUMLWJOUL+veA-zRhYBBvFGYEDsRDUKFUABGBREChkAqdCGRBwGCvkBA-e

I know I could get more damage from it by swapping out MH Sword but I choose it on personal preference for the in combat leap mobility and the surprisingly decent bit of bleeding I can get out of it thanks mostly to all the might and the attack speed boost from Duel Wielding,It relies heavily on crits for both healing and might generation though which is why I opted to not use healing power and go with glass stats.

@Onlyflameone.2136 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Sun and moon style is based on % of damage done on a crit. So if you want to boost the effectiveness of the healing, stack power and precision. Healing power will do nothing for you on this trait.

May you answer my second question I posted after?

It is a % of damage. It does not matter how much healing power you have. It is a zero factor. This goes to any healing on damage modifiers.

Daggers and this trait have been one of my PoF biggest disappointments. Only MH dagger is viable and only in PvP. The damage the deal in PvE is pretty weak. And the OH, beside being weak, does not function well. The trait should also add either 100 power or ferocity per dagger.

@otto.5684 said:

@Smoosh.2718 said:Sun and moon style is based on % of damage done on a crit. So if you want to boost the effectiveness of the healing, stack power and precision. Healing power will do nothing for you on this trait.

It is a % of damage. It does not matter how much healing power you have. It is a zero factor. This goes to any healing on damage modifiers.

Daggers and this trait have been one of my PoF biggest disappointments. Only MH dagger is viable and only in PvP. The damage the deal in PvE is pretty weak. And the OH, beside being weak, does not function well. The trait should also add either 100 power or ferocity per dagger.

Well Dagger 4 can ruin someone's day, but that requires setup and to not take shield.

Which begs the question, are our other OH weps bad or is shield op? Both is also an answer.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well Dagger 4 can ruin someone's day, but that requires setup and to not take shield.

Which begs the question, are our other OH weps bad or is shield op? Both is also an answer.

I was aiming more to PvE. Which axe/axe is the only setup. Why shouldn’t dagger/dagger be close damage wise in PvE? Cuz it can rip two boons? It is very disappointing.

@otto.5684 said:

I was aiming more to PvE. Which axe/axe is the only setup. Why shouldn’t dagger/dagger be close damage wise in PvE? Cuz it can rip two boons? It is very disappointing.

Why should it? Just curious.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

It shouldn't. Dagger/dagger has utility beyond damage. Sprint, quickness and/or healing when traited, interrupts, slow, boon rips, reflects, and a nice conditional +100% damage modifier that is not that hard to set up. Maximizing Dagger 4 however takes a lot though.

It shouldn't. Dagger/dagger has utility beyond damage. Sprint, quickness and/or healing when traited, interrupts, slow, boon rips, reflects, and a nice conditional +100% damage modifier that is not that hard to set up. Maximizing Dagger 4 however takes a lot though.

To be fair, daggers should do higher spike damage than axes. Axes are great for cleave and sustained dps due to low cooldowns and smooth animations on all skills (except Eviscerate). Daggers not only have significantly worse cleave, they are pretty much trash in PvE compared to axes. Utility is not really good argument since there are plenty of weapons that have it all (e.g. guardian's greatsword, ranger's greatsword, elementalist's dagger, thief's dagger, thief's staff, engineer's rifle, etc).Outside of some very rare situations, dagger 5 is completely useless in endgame PvE.Dagger 4 is the only skill that is in spirit of a dagger weapon type. What sucks is that the damage is comparable to single spamable Decapitate. Yikes.Dagger 3 is fast interrupt, nothing wrong with that. PvP skill mostly.Dagger 2 is also PvP skill, pretty weak in PvE. The 1.5 sec slow has no value in PvE at all.Autoattack is pretty bad. The 15% ciritical damage increase is a joke.Welp. I don't think dagger Spellbreaker will ever be a thing again in PvE. So much for build variety and profession variety in squads/parties, right dragonhunters/firebrands/renegades? :)

@cryorion.9532 said:

To be fair, daggers should do higher spike damage than axes. Axes are great for cleave and sustained dps due to low cooldowns and smooth animations on all skills (except Eviscerate). Daggers not only have significantly worse cleave, they are pretty much trash in PvE compared to axes. Utility is not really good argument since there are plenty of weapons that have it all (e.g. guardian's greatsword, ranger's greatsword, elementalist's dagger, thief's dagger, thief's staff, engineer's rifle, etc).Outside of some very rare situations, dagger 5 is completely useless in endgame PvE.Dagger 4 is the only skill that is in spirit of a dagger weapon type. What sucks is that the damage is comparable to single spamable Decapitate. Yikes.Dagger 3 is fast interrupt, nothing wrong with that. PvP skill mostly.Dagger 2 is also PvP skill, pretty weak in PvE. The 1.5 sec slow has no value in PvE at all.Autoattack is pretty bad. The 15% ciritical damage increase is a joke.Welp. I don't think dagger Spellbreaker will ever be a thing again in PvE. So much for build variety and profession variety in squads/parties, right dragonhunters/firebrands/renegades? :)

Well, I did not say it was best in slot utility, but you have to remember that Anet does balance around it. To be honest Dagger 3 should be a stun on interrupt, Dagger 4 should do slightly more damage baseline, and Dagger 5 I'd take a flat 12% damage increase over the vulnerablity. Its a fast weapon set, and it's damage can be higher, but any suggestions for increasing its damage would need to take into account what utility it does have.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Well, I did not say it was best in slot utility, but you have to remember that Anet does balance around it. To be honest Dagger 3 should be a stun on interrupt, Dagger 4 should do slightly more damage baseline, and Dagger 5 I'd take a flat 12% damage increase over the vulnerablity. Its a fast weapon set, and it's damage can be higher, but any suggestions for increasing its damage would need to take into account what utility it does have.

Daggers would need pretty big damage boost in order to compete with power berserker decap spam.Imagine dagger spellbreaker build with really high opening burst, competetive with DH/Soulbeast/Weaver/Engi (keep in mind the utility they have available) but worse sustained dps compared to decap spam Berserker (and worse cleave). That's basically what I mean.

@Sobx.1758 said:

Why should it not? All of the utility dagger offers in PvE is nearly useless. There is a reason no one uses it. And the boon strip can be done by other classes, with no sacrifice to damage (Thief, necro, Power Mesmer and condi rev). Or just by switching a utility. If you need to remove boons in PvE SB with daggers is not what you would go for.

Warrior in PvE is a stagnant class. It had the same exact build since core days. There is a reason why I stopped playing warrior in PvE like 2 years ago. I can only keep playing the same thing for so long.

@otto.5684 said:

Why should it not? All of the utility dagger offers in PvE is nearly useless. There is a reason no one uses it. And the boon strip can be done by other classes, with no sacrifice to damage (Thief, necro, Power Mesmer and condi rev). Or just by switching a utility. If you need to remove boons in PvE SB with daggers is not what you would go for.

Warrior in PvE is a stagnant class. It had the same exact build since core days. There is a reason why I stopped playing warrior in PvE like 2 years ago. I can only keep playing the same thing for so long.

Axe/Axe BS does get old...

@KidRoleplay.3615 said:Would also reduce the cooldown on dagger 4 in addition to what's been mentioned above.

The CD is meant to pair with Dagger 3 so that if you brought no other CC you'd at least have a way in the whole dagger kit to get the damage boost. Honestly S&M should reduce the CDs of dagger skills, move the quickness on interrupts to Attacker's Insight, and put a +10% damage boost versus boonless foes there instead.

Sun and Moon Style:While wielding a dagger in your main hand deal 10% more damage versus boonless foes. While wielding a dagger in your offhand heal for 7% of the critical damage that you deal. Dagger skills have 20% damage reduction.

That 10% damage boost may not be enough to make it compete with other DPS weapons, and since its conditional I wouldn't be opposed to a 20% modifier even in the competitive modes.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Sun and moon style is based on % of damage done on a crit. So if you want to boost the effectiveness of the healing, stack power and precision. Healing power will do nothing for you on this trait.

You still didn't answer why it should.

And most classes are "stagnant in pve", should anet just keep juggling pve dmg each year or two just for the sake of swapping an optimal weapon choice? Buff daggers so they do the same thing axes do AND some more?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Smoosh.2718" said:Sun and moon style is based on % of damage done on a crit. So if you want to boost the effectiveness of the healing, stack power and precision. Healing power will do nothing for you on this trait.

And most classes are "stagnant in pve", should anet just keep juggling pve dmg each year or two just for the sake of swapping an optimal weapon choice? Buff daggers so they do the same thing axes do AND some more?

I did. You choose to ignore the answer. I won’t get in the details since you are not here to present a point but to troll. When daggers/dagger is efficient anywhere in PvE let me know.

Well, I did not say it was best in slot utility, but you have to remember that Anet does balance around it. To be honest Dagger 3 should be a stun on interrupt, Dagger 4 should do slightly more damage baseline, and Dagger 5 I'd take a flat 12% damage increase over the vulnerablity. Its a fast weapon set, and it's damage can be higher, but any suggestions for increasing its damage would need to take into account what utility it does have.

Oh wow, that would be an absolute dream! This would be awesome for us stubborn d/d SBs.

@otto.5684 said:

I did. You choose to ignore the answer. I won’t get in the details since you are not here to present a point but to troll. When daggers/dagger is efficient anywhere in PvE let me know.

What did I ignore? That it's "stagnant in pve"? I answered to that. There's no good reason to suddenly buff daggers' dmg to top of the dps tables while it'll simply be a better axe. And it'll get stagnant just like anything else if they won't constantly keep changing the values every x months.

• Confused 1