Condi vs Power reaper

Swag.5483

Hey guys,

Started playing Necro this xpac because of scourge but I just recently unlocked reaper too and would like to know what the most optimal gearing would be. I mostly open world and fractal, but eventually I would like to try raids and WvW. From what I researched power is good for open world and condi for all the rest? If anyone could point me in the right direction id appreciate it. :)

@Warcry.1596 said:For the most part I use power everywhere. Fractals, raiding.

Especially since Deathly Chill is getting a rework at some point so it doesnt compete with Demonic Lore.

But condi is generally superior.

Source for the "deathly chill is getting a rework at some point so it doesn't compete with demonic lore"?

Deathly chill can't compete with demonic lore, they are 2 different traits that are in 2 mutually exclusives traitlines. If I recall correctly the rumor come from WP that said that Anet intended to make reaper a more power oriented spec. 2 balance patchs passed since then and, let's be honest, deathly chill don't seem to be something that anet intend to change.

OP, the reaper work especially well as a hybrid spec (read "viper"), You can eventually wait undefinitely for anet to change deathly chill and run a power build but, all in all, condi and hybrid build will outperform whatever power build you will come up with as a necromancer.

Archived