cRev has a low skill floor.

mistsim.2748

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:The way my paw paw taught me terminology low skill floor = easy to play, which means it's easy to be effective. You're trying to reach the floor, and if it's low, there's less effort required to get to it.

I was dueling a condi Herald as power Mirage and they blew so many cooldowns and still managed to wittle me down to near-death. Keep in mind I did my best to dodge every attack, this person used all their skills at the wrong time but the sheer size of AoEs and CCs, multiple sustain tools makes this an easy build to play. This was before switching to Elusive Mind so hopefully that makes it a lot easier.

Skill floor = How the class is when played badlySkill ceiling = How the class is when played well

Low skill floor = The class is terrible when you don't know how to play itHigh skill floor = The class is good even if you don't know how to play itLow skill ceiling = The class is bad even when played wellHigh skill ceiling = The class is quite powerful when played well

Usually you want noobs playing high skill floor classes (Warrior BS) and skilled people playing high skill ceiling classes (Chronotank, Quickbrand).

No.

A low skill floor means the entry to be effective is LOW, meaning an inexperienced player can be effective on it. A high ceiling means it requires lots of skill to play at it's limits. Where you are getting the opposite from I have no idea, maybe you should google "low skill floor meaning".

Here, let me do it for you:

"This brings us to skill floors. A skill floor is the counterpart to a skill ceiling. A skill ceiling is the level of play that’s possible with training and mastery. A skill floor is a way of describing how difficult it is to begin the process of mastery. For example, playing Widowmaker in Overwatch isn’t easy if you don’t have a background in other FPS titles. In order to even be relevant with her, you need to have exceptional aim and positioning. The skill floor for Widowmaker, in other words, is very high — if you want to be somewhat competent, you need to have mastered a variety of game mechanics."

"Skill floors, to start, are the bare minimum amount of skill with that game (or sub-category within the game, see class shooters ala TF2) to participate in the game effectively. This is the status quo that the developers have modeled the game around, and if you’re not good enough to meet this floor you’re going to have a hard time. This is the developers saying “you must be this tall to ride this ride.”

"The floor tells us how easy it is to get going with the task. A low floor means it’s easy for everyone to get on board. Tic-Tac-Toe is an example of a game with a low floor. It’s easy to understand and even the youngest of kids can start playing pretty quickly. A low floor is inviting. Chess has a high floor – evidenced by how many college-educated adults I’ve met who cannot play. Chess’s floor appears so high that they just never got going. A high floor is a barrier."

Do I need to go on?

This^ is correct.Low skill floor- a noob can be effective on it with little experience.High skill floor- better to have a decent understanding of the game before trying and expect to to be less effective until more experienced on class aka not easy to just pick up and play.Low skill cieling- class only had so much potential for high skill play, for example over time a good player could perform as well as a great player due to classes overall potential being realized fairly early in play.High skill ceiling- huge difference between a good and great player after both have played class for significant amount of time. Basically if player skill is high enough to maximize the class potential the class can be very powerful, usually more so than classes with lower ceiling but require more skill.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:The way my paw paw taught me terminology low skill floor = easy to play, which means it's easy to be effective. You're trying to reach the floor, and if it's low, there's less effort required to get to it.

I was dueling a condi Herald as power Mirage and they blew so many cooldowns and still managed to wittle me down to near-death. Keep in mind I did my best to dodge every attack, this person used all their skills at the wrong time but the sheer size of AoEs and CCs, multiple sustain tools makes this an easy build to play. This was before switching to Elusive Mind so hopefully that makes it a lot easier.

Skill floor = How the class is when played badlySkill ceiling = How the class is when played well

Low skill floor = The class is terrible when you don't know how to play itHigh skill floor = The class is good even if you don't know how to play itLow skill ceiling = The class is bad even when played wellHigh skill ceiling = The class is quite powerful when played well

Usually you want noobs playing high skill floor classes (Warrior BS) and skilled people playing high skill ceiling classes (Chronotank, Quickbrand).

No.

A low skill floor means the entry to be effective is LOW, meaning an inexperienced player can be effective on it. A high ceiling means it requires lots of skill to play at it's limits. Where you are getting the opposite from I have no idea, maybe you should google "low skill floor meaning".

"This brings us to skill floors. A skill floor is the counterpart to a skill ceiling. A skill ceiling is the level of play that’s possible with training and mastery. A skill floor is a way of describing how difficult it is to begin the process of mastery. For example, playing Widowmaker in Overwatch isn’t easy if you don’t have a background in other FPS titles. In order to even be relevant with her, you need to have exceptional aim and positioning. The skill floor for Widowmaker, in other words, is very high — if you want to be somewhat competent, you need to have mastered a variety of game mechanics."

"Skill floors, to start, are the bare minimum amount of skill with that game (or sub-category within the game, see class shooters ala TF2) to participate in the game effectively. This is the status quo that the developers have modeled the game around, and if you’re not good enough to meet this floor you’re going to have a hard time. This is the developers saying “you must be this tall to ride this ride.”

"The floor tells us how easy it is to get going with the task. A low floor means it’s easy for everyone to get on board. Tic-Tac-Toe is an example of a game with a low floor. It’s easy to understand and even the youngest of kids can start playing pretty quickly. A low floor is inviting. Chess has a high floor – evidenced by how many college-educated adults I’ve met who cannot play. Chess’s floor appears so high that they just never got going. A high floor is a barrier."

Do I need to go on?

This^ is correct.

I disagree :)

@Kulvar.1239 said:

No.

Do I need to go on?

This^ is correct.

Well ur wrong so...It's easyLow floor- easy to pick up and do wellHigh floor- not easy to pick up and playLow cieling- can only be so effective regardless of skillHigh ceiling- a great player can utilize the classes potential and perform far better on it than a good player, aka has higher potential for skillful play.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

No.

Do I need to go on?

This^ is correct.

Well ur wrong so...It's easyLow floor- easy to pick up and do wellHigh floor- not easy to pick up and playLow cieling- can only be so effective regardless of skillHigh ceiling- a great player can utilize the classes potential and perform far better on it than a good player, aka has higher potential for skillful play.

Or am I ? Maybe you are. Your description sounds inconsistent like a mix of both mindset. Floor using a threshold, ceiling not having one.

@Kulvar.1239 said:

No.

Do I need to go on?

This^ is correct.

Or am I ? Maybe you are. Your description sounds inconsistent like a mix of both mindset. Floor using a threshold, ceiling not having one.

Nope ur confused, not very complicated lol