Storytelling in Season 3

Clyde.5178

I'm playing through Season 3 now, really trying to get into the story, but something came up. Bloodstones. You get this mission to check out what the White Mantle is up to, which coincides with Taimi's observations of magical disturbances. Then Taimi talks about the Maguuma Bloodstone like everyone knows about it already. And when it explodes, your character is like "I think a Bloodstone exploded." But, at this point in the story, no one has really explained what a Bloodstone is. It really made me feel like I missed something, so I went back and watch all of the story up to this point, but I didn't find anything. Did I miss something? Isn't it strange that there's this giant godly artifact in the jungle that everyone seems to know about, but hasn't seemed too concerned about it up to now?

There are a few points in GW2 that things are brought up that were explained in the first game and do not get rexplained. The are talked about like common knowledge without any background given.It's kind of an "immersion" thing. No one in Tyria at this day and time would need to have the the Bloodstone explained to them

At any rate, the Bloodstones are actually one of the cooler pieces of this Franchise's lore.

There's some speculation in this video that''s no longer relevant, but there's a ton of good explanations in this video

Start about 2:30

@"mindcircus.1506" said:There are a few points in GW2 that things are brought up that were explained in the first game and do not get rexplained. The are talked about like common knowledge without any background given.It's kind of an "immersion" thing. No one in Tyria at this day and time would need to have the the Bloodstone explained to them

At any rate, the Bloodstones are actually one of the cooler pieces of this Franchise's lore.

There's some speculation in this video that''s no longer relevant, but there's a ton of good explanations in this video

Start about 2:30

The video is really helpful, thanks for that. Bloodstones do sound pretty cool.