You can't nerf Scourge without buffing Core Necro and Reaper.

Tzozef.9841

Maybe I am just a naive child, but I don't think they purposefully launched unbalanced classes to promote expansion sales. Power creep is natural (and human nature, even as a designer ... you want the new thing to be cool and feel powerful), but to say that they planned to increase sales with this strategy... I don't know. I just don't want to believe it.

With MOBA hero releases, I could see this as a thing. Make em strong and appealing so the individual hero is tempting to purchase.

But with PoF there is so much other stuff to do. Who would purchase an expansion just for the elite spec? Would that boost sales that much? Because Scourge was pissing people off in PvP (which could hurt long-term health of the game). I just think Anet mess up, to be honest. They should have NEVER let scourge do that much damage and they should have made them much better at group play. And they should have buffed necro (base and reaper) to be more in line with other dps benchmarks so Scourge could shine as a support.

They dropped the ball. And now it's hard to fix without a well of tears and a well of agony and a well of wails. :D

Archived