Question about WvW, and gear.

Kam.4092

I was wanting to gear for a Support build, and wanted to know if this was ok http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnsADtChdDBOCDkCjFGCbffGQPoX6SBAsDwE4LB-jlxHQBtS9Hw9EA9Bhb/BAq87hKBBwpA4dwAwUKTgZmZmGZmZmZmJA-w

I will be new to support in WvW. I usually play Necro for the Boon corrupt, but Support Firebrand looked fun.

Minstrel's armor is so expensive, so I would get Nomad's instead. I'm wanting to know how tanky Support Firebrand is in general, and if I even need Durability Runes. Also wondering what other Firebrands run for Support builds in WvW.

Thanks for any replies. I just like being prepared for WvW :D

Minstrel gear is indeed way too expensive, but they really do provide everything support guardian needs; tankiness, healing and boon duration.But I can see you can afford Minstrel weapons and trinkets at least. If you haven't done already, you can get a free Minstrel Insignia from a HoT achievement, so that would allow you to stat-swap your chest piece for cheap.

For runes, you can also use Monk, but in this case, I think the 5% more duration might be preferable. With Magnanimous Maintenance Oil, you will have 57% boon duration (62% with the chest piece).

I would also consider using Sigils on Concentration. You can get away using the cheapest ones (aroung 5g) which will push you to over 90% boon duration. They only last for 3s, but you only need to use them with Stand your Ground and Indomitable Courage mostly, so you don't have to go with the expensive ones.

You can also check the guide here for more tips. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Firebrand

@RabbitUp.8294 said:Minstrel gear is indeed way too expensive, but they really do provide everything support guardian needs; tankiness, healing and boon duration.But I can see you can afford Minstrel weapons and trinkets at least. If you haven't done already, you can get a free Minstrel Insignia from a HoT achievement, so that would allow you to stat-swap your chest piece for cheap.

For runes, you can also use Monk, but in this case, I think the 5% more duration might be preferable. With Magnanimous Maintenance Oil, you will have 57% boon duration (62% with the chest piece).

I would also consider using Sigils on Concentration. You can get away using the cheapest ones (aroung 5g) which will push you to over 90% boon duration. They only last for 3s, but you only need to use them with Stand your Ground and Indomitable Courage mostly, so you don't have to go with the expensive ones.

You can also check the guide here for more tips. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Firebrand

Ok thanks :D

Honestly force of will is way too expensive. You could switch to a should based build and ditch 2 condi removals and still be fine. You'd be adding more support to the build with pure of voice and slotting stuff like retreat and the vastly superior receive the light heal. If I wanted to play full support I'd still go with seraph's, as I'd hate having half of my skills left unused, but that's just me, nomad or shaman's would be just fine. Traits do need a lot of work though, that's far from the best build you can get. Loremaster doesn't do what you think it does (try it, you'll see), and I don't find it very useful, then again if you're not picking stalwart speed, you're kinda out of options and this is the best of the worst. Pure of heart is also a very debatable choice, it's not like you can spam aegis, as your F3 has a 50s CD.

Archived