[06/09 Patch] Game Unplayable - Crashes on Opening Build Tab with Rev Build Stored in Acc. Storage

It seems like people who had any Revenant builds saved in their build account storage can't open the "Build" tab on any of their characters, as the game crashes when the game attempts to load the corrupted build. This means that you can't set traits/talents on any of your characters, making the game completely unplayable.

My friends who don't have revenant builds saved in their account build storage aren't having this issue, but anyone who does have one saved cannot open the build tab on any character.

It seems like revenant builds got corrupted as a whole with this patch, and the game crashes when presented with any scenario in which it needs to read said corrupted build (i.e opening the build tab with a revenant build saved in your storage).

Similarly, attempting to paste a revenant build chatcode into the chat does not parse the build and shows the code instead. This isn't happening with any other class build's chatcode.

Revs have also experienced other weird bugs logging in, such as utility traits missing from their hotkey bars and legends being swapped around randomly.

It's worth noting that it has nothing to do with the local client files - I logged into my significant other's account (who has no rev builds saved) and did not crash on opening the build tab on his account. As we live together, he logged into my account on his PC (which is running his account without any issues) and also crashed on trying to open the build tab on my account, while he has no issues on his account.

There's another thread filling up quickly with these complaints, but the thread and complaints failed to list the exact cause of the issue, and doesn't enumerate the list of issues as concisely. In this light, I made this thread to help summarize the issue efficiently for Anet's reference, and for increased visibility.

Kindly resolve this issue at the earliest as it is impossible for raiders/pvpers to play the game without being able to switch their traits and talents around. This is making the game literally unplayable. Thank you.

EDIT: A simple hotfix would be to delete all stored revenant builds across all accounts. This would at least allow for players to open the build tab on other classes, and set their builds while the issue is resolved.

Yes, rev and possibly ranger builds got corrupted due to the change in legend IDs causing legends normally only usable on land to be assigned as underwater legends. This issue may also affect ranger pets as they are stored in the same bytes. This also broke template codes because they use the previous legend order. The simple fix is to revert this off-by-one.

Players who did not have a rev build in storage will crash if they try to change traits. Such players can fix this manually by right clicking on their active build tab, deleting the build and setting it up again manually.

Players who had a rev build in account storage will be unable to look at the build panel at all and there is no known fix.

For people who have a rev build in account build storage and therefore can't open the Build tab to set traits on any class: I found that a temporary workaround (for all classes except revs) is to create a build using http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/, copy the in-game link into chat, and then apply it via the popup window that opens. This allows you to circumvent having to use the build window to set your traits/talents. Rev build chatcodes still seem to be corrupted.

@ArenaNet Team.4819 Any updates regarding this situation? It's been over 16 hours now, my friends and I are completely unable to play Rev as we cannot set up our talents if we have a rev build in our account storage.

@"Arukayos.1798" said:I found that a temporary workaround (for all classes except revs) is to create a build using http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/, copy the in-game link into chat, and then apply it via the popup window that opens.

How? When I paste the chat link in GW2's chat window, it only gives me the code without it being interactable. What am I missing?

This the the GW2 Skills build code: [&DQkDPg86PyncEdwR1BEGEisSKxIGEtQRyhHKEREODhAGEisS1BEGEtQRKxI=]

P.S. I assume it is not working for the very reason some Rev builds cause the templates to malfuction/crash the game. There must be something in this build I posted that is no longer recognized by the game.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Arukayos.1798" said:I found that a temporary workaround (for all classes
except
revs) is to create a build using
, copy the in-game link into chat, and then apply it via the popup window that opens.

How? When I paste the chat link in GW2's chat window, it only gives me the code without it being interactable. What am I missing?

This the the GW2 Skills build code:

P.S.
I assume it is not working for the very reason some Rev builds cause the templates to malfuction/crash the game. There must be something in this build I posted that is no longer recognized by the game.

As I said in my opening post and the one you quoted, this only works for all other classes (except rev) - rev build codes are corrupted for some reason, seems as though this is what's causing the crashes too. I can see how my post could be misleading though - hope this clears it up! This is mostly for people who have a rev build stored in their account build storage, and therefore can't change their traits on any other classes either.

Hope a fix comes soon.