BOTS in pvp - a source of frustration and stress

Vishnok.7059

11 minutes ago, McPero.3287 said:

Again build variety is not 70% less then it ever was. Just like Anet hasnt been trying to make PvP for esports since they closed down esports years ago.

yeah and yet their still trying to balance it as if it was an esport just to cater for that crowd of people.... funny that, even if thats the case and they arnt focused on hosting paid comps anymore the fact is they are still treating it like an esport, forcing people into very specific builds and forcing play styles only a pro, elitest or edge lord will enjoy, like at this point it shouldnt even be 3cp and just be tdm style modes 

Edited by Shogen.5071

• 1 month later...

I used to really enjoy amusement parks, but as I’ve gotten older, the hassle of driving there, walking between rides, waiting in long lines seems to outweigh the enjoyment for me.  I could simply stop going, or I guess I could hire a surrogate to go and have the fun on my behalf.

The former seems like the sensible choice to me.  What a weird world we live in.  I guess I’m missing something.

15 minutes ago, Onlyflameone.2136 said:

I don't even know how a bot can get Gold. Like I was fighting a mesmer who was just standing and like he was pressing a button once every 3 seconds, and still he managed to kill me... I mean was obvious that wasn't a person at all, but like a robot.

some mesmers do it so you can't tell which one is the real one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

I used to really enjoy amusement parks, but as I’ve gotten older, the hassle of driving there, walking between rides, waiting in long lines seems to outweigh the enjoyment for me.  I could simply stop going, or I guess I could hire a surrogate to go and have the fun on my behalf.

The former seems like the sensible choice to me.  What a weird world we live in.  I guess I’m missing something.

There are rewards from sPvP. Some bots have likely made over 200 gold or more this season for their owners. It's not about fun, it's about farming currency when you're asleep.

It's more like creating a bot to go to work for you that can work 24 hours a day and will never be fired regardless of performance.  There is no downside.

11 hours ago, bLind.6278 said:

There are rewards from sPvP. Some bots have likely made over 200 gold or more this season for their owners. It's not about fun, it's about farming currency when you're asleep.

It's more like creating a bot to go to work for you that can work 24 hours a day and will never be fired regardless of performance.  There is no downside.

Sure, I get that of course.  My point being that earning the gold/rewards is supposed to be part of the fun.  If it isn’t, that raises questions about whether you actually enjoy the game, and whether you should pay to avoid playing it.  The alternative of course would be to spend your time and money on something you actually do enjoy.

Edited by TheDarkness.6947

1 hour ago, TheDarkness.6947 said:

Sure, I get that of course.  My point being that earning the gold/rewards is supposed to be part of the fun.  If it isn’t, that raises questions about whether you actually enjoy the game, and whether you should pay to avoid playing it.  The alternative of course would be to spend your time and money on something you actually do enjoy.

Run the bot on an alt account and you can still play all you want for fun. Also, many people don't enjoy sPvP due the to complete lack of attention it gets from the devs. WvW is more fun but less lucrative. It allows players to farm gold without effort while opening up the chance of legitimately playing however you want without concern for how efficiently you're farming.

1 hour ago, bLind.6278 said:

Run the bot on an alt account and you can still play all you want for fun. Also, many people don't enjoy sPvP due the to complete lack of attention it gets from the devs. WvW is more fun but less lucrative. It allows players to farm gold without effort while opening up the chance of legitimately playing however you want without concern for how efficiently you're farming.

OK, let’s assume playing the way you want (which is fun) requires gold, and getting the gold in game is not fun.

Some quick back of the envelope calculations.  The botware (which, incidentally the post with that link seems to have been deleted) would cost $22 USD for one PvP season, and we assume that can net a bot-user 200 gold.  There’s an existing path to bypass gold farming by going cash -> gems -> gold, and $22 USD at this moment would get you 335 gold.  Aside from being cheaper, it would also have these benefits:

1. You can have it instantly

2. You’d support Anet and further development of the game

3. You wouldn’t have to run your computer all night, which has electricity costs to you, and environmental impact from consuming electricity to generate fake money

4. You wouldn’t annoy your fellow players by putting AI into what’s supposed to be a player only mode

5. You don’t run the risk of getting banned, and just because it doesn’t seem to be happening to people now doesn’t mean it couldn’t.

So, still struggling to see the reason there are bots in PvP.