Please disable minion and pet tagging for loot.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

@"Hirukaru.4539" said:I have reported over 60+ players that are afk farming + using a macro set up to set traps or cast trap spells.There is a feeling that anet doesnt do anything, thus i stopped reporting. And will only start until anet releases data regarding what they do with these people. (probably nothing)

And that's just it. Anet does not publicly state what their actions are toward any players. For all we know, a GM could have whispered to all 60+ of your reported players and gotten a reply from all 60+ of them, which does not violate the CoC. All of us are making assumptions with no basis in fact.

You can put them on your block or friend list and see if they still "play". I have "people" on my list who have been standing on the same spot for years and they will continue to stand there as they play on their actual account. As i said somewhere, they log out, not out of the game but the character occasionally, then come back with another character on the same spot. This has been going on FOR YEARS. You can say they play but we all know that is BS. It's highly likely that you also take part in this "activity" at this point, no other reason for so vehemently defending anets indifference.

You just keep on assuming that you know me.

Still, you haven't shown how any of this affects your ability to play the game. Here's a hint: it doesn't.

Still not denying that it's fact. Not like it's necessary...

Not denying what fact? That I do botting? Um....
. But you would rather make assumptions about me and the way that I play GW2. That's fine.

As for defending ANet's "indifference" as you put it, that's not entirely true. I have stated that I do not condone the practice of botting. Refer the previous link. However, it appears that you would rather cast aspersions and try to drum up support for your assumption that I am a botter despite my claim otherwise.

I have not made any statements beyond what the official CoC says with regards to
. There is a report tool in the game, with an option specifically for botting. Anet has never been specific about any actions taken against specific players, so complaining here on the forums is pointless.

But you can keep on doing what you're doing. Good luck to you and your endeavors.

All you ever actually say is "it doesn't affects your ability to play the game" every time.Because it doesn't. Bots or not, you are able to log in to GW2 with a valid account and play the content. It cannot be any more simple that this.We all know that reporting is useless so parroting how anet doesn't care about it seems redundant.Then why does this entire thread, and the others like it, exist? They serve no purpose.And as i said many times as well, why else would you go to these lenghts to cover for them if not to also cover yourself?Because people tend to ignore the actual rules and want the game to be changed to suit them. This is not the case. All I am doing is pointing out the rules as they currently exist. If you want to continue to believe that I am a botter, there is nothing more I can say to change your mind. I have already invited you to add me to your friends list in game so that you can actually see that when I am online I am not botting. This isn't good enough for you, so there isn't anything more I can do or say to placate your fantasy.Not like you are showing anything else, especially when we both know it doesn't matter as anet simply does not care at all.You know that Anet doesn't care... how? Why should they ban players who are playing by the existing rules?Why do you keep saying the same thing when nothing is going to be done one way or another?You don't know that nothing is being done. Neither do I. Anet could be checking on these players and if they respond to the GM, then they aren't breaking any existing rules. I could ask you the same question: why do you keep saying the same thing, especially when you earlier stated that Anet doesn't care?I tell people so they know that companies are out for profit only and in this sitsuation, savings (which should be obvious but seems like it isn't), why do you do you?Welcome to Business 101. Companies like ANet are only out for profit. Without it, the game and the company wouldn't exist.

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@"kharmin.7683" said:

I have never defended this practice and challenge anyone to show that I have. I have only defended the official rules for unattended gameplay as set out by Anet.

Then, when people here are saying that tools to deal with these afk farm players isn't working right and are talking new ways to make it better so that "official rules" can be followed without current tools, are you supporting it?(sigh) We don't know if the tools are working or not. Maybe reports are going to GMs and they are checking these players who then respond to them. That is not against the rules, but we will never know because Anet will never divulge this. Maybe you're right and reporting isn't working. If not, then it hasn't been working for the 7+ years that I've been playing. If Anet instituted new rules about unattended gameplay, then certainly I would support them just as I support the current rules as they exist.

I ask this because we seem to here spliting hairs, as what is AFK playing. It seem that some are says that AFK playing is not, when you response to GM. I mean, GW2 tools to testing "the AFK" is the response to GM. In my opinion while this is how Anet is doing it, it's not actually working as intended. Point been, AFK playing can be done also so that you do something else like watching anime and ones a while checking games chat, do you need to response to GM. I consider this still AFK playing, because you don't play the game as it's intented. AFK means you will not be at your keyboard for a while, or that you will not be online for a period of time. Basicly in games it means You aren't playing, but You leave you character standing in gameworld by it self. Rules how ever say while you can stand idle, but you can't perform actions, participate in content, or otherwise engage with the world "while you are away from your computer". Problem here is wording "while you are away from your computer", because you can even be AFK while you are using your computer to someting else. Example many of us are reading GW2 wiki while still in the game. How ever we should not leave our characters in that time to spawn spots.I agree. Botting like this is annoying to me, too, but well within the existing rules.

So we need to fix this because if player gonna be idle in game world they should move they character to spot where it doesn't perform actions, participate in content, or otherwise engage with the game world. So, if players leaves they character in spawn spots while not controlling character, they are basicly playing AFK farming. Only way to fix this is to make so that game design doesn't make it possible to players to do this. Because GM checking are players with you computer is not enough.Yes, changing the rules would be a great start. However, to me it seems that since the in-game economy is not dramatically affected by botters, and botting doesn't prevent other players from playing content, Anet isn't too concerned by these actions. Do I agree with Anet? Heck, no, but these players are playing by the rules. If Anet wanted to be rid of them, they could easily change the rules. That they haven't in at least the 7+ years I've been playing tells me that this doesn't concern them or affect their bottom line.

@kharmin.7683 said:If Anet instituted new rules about unattended gameplay, then certainly I would support them just as I support the current rules as they exist.I agree. Botting like this is annoying to me, too, but well within the existing rules.

Yes, changing the rules would be a great start.

Now I did pick these sentences, because they are main point what you are saying. So listen up what I'm saying next.Anet changing rules, would NEVER fix the situation, because the problem is not in the rules but in the game design it self.Point been, fixing some classes game design can fix the issue.

@Lumikki.1725 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:If Anet instituted new rules about unattended gameplay, then certainly I would support them just as I support the current rules as they exist.I agree. Botting like this is annoying to me, too, but well within the existing rules.

Yes, changing the rules would be a great start.

Now I did pick these sentences, because they are main point what you are saying. So listen up what I'm saying next.Anet changing rules, would NEVER fix the situation, because the problem is not in the rules but in the game design it self.Point been, fixing some classes game design can fix the issue.

I do appreciate your courteous dialogue. :) I think that you and I will disagree on this. If Anet changed their rules about unattended farming, then they would be forced to deal with the reports of players who then counter those new rules. There would not be a need to change class design.

@kharmin.7683 said:(sigh) We don't know if the tools are working or not.

Can't be more obvious than one player with 5 characters following them in unison, all doing the exact same thing at the same time. We know, there is no doubt. Anet simply ignores it. Reporting is useless, the only reason i use it is to maybe increase work for anet, although they probaply come out and go instantly to the shredder, so pointless but eh, whatever. As you are so happy to say, we can't do anything else.