Mounts

Personally, I think Anet needs to limit or reduce the power of the mount's #1 skill on PVE low level maps? Trying to complete events for the daily achievement on a low level map (anything between lvl10 - lvl 60) becomes a real challenge because of the introduction of mounts. Although getting around these areas is much faster, a single use of the raptor's #1 skill can one-shot several enemies; this leads to events glitching or other players not being able to compete/take part in the same event. As we all know, finding events on a map when it is part of the daily achievement is quite difficult, and players over using or abusing mount skills makes this much harder. I'm not asking to lock the mounts completely out of lower level maps, but perhaps there is a way to scale their ability's power down so that it is not so detrimental to event completion?

Mount skills have been scaled down for lower level maps. Often, I find asking politely for people to not use the skill during dailies works. It's true that there are players who disregard those requests (heck, one recently actively promoted people to use mounts in spite of my request just to be a kitten), but one needs only tag something to get credit for the event.

I disagree with the premise that finding daily events on a map is difficult.

@"kharmin.7683" said:I disagree with the premise that finding daily events on a map is difficult.

This. Sure if you just port in, yell "Any events plox pls ping" and then wait for someone to hold your hand, doing daily events will take a while. Whereas just moving around, mounts help here a lot, and doing what pops up takes you a few minutes at most. Also, pls don't tag up for "gathering" events as the amount that has to be gathered scales with participating players which makes those events take for ages until the 3000th Orrian hammer has been turned in.