Returning player

So I played from HoT. all the way thru PoF and for about a year after PoF dropped. But then I got bored as hell and the content got a little boring to me. Got tired of trying to craft legendaries.

Ive been playing WoW for a while now but now I find myself bored with that too. Is Gw2, worth coming back to? Im so out of the loop, I have no idea about anything thats happened in the last 18+ months or so.

I'd argue that its much of the same: the Icebrood Saga has been disappointing for me (except for the prologue, Grothmars kinda a fun map) and I can't say I'm enthused about the rest of this Living World season. No Quater genuinely pissed me off. Unfortunately my only hope is the future Canthan Expansion, and its kinda a slim one atm. Sometimes I feel like a battered spouse with how I keep coming back to this mess.

i am also a return player, since last year upto today still ok for me.you can give it a try for ls4. gw2 is not use to be. but still keep me entertain. but for ls5, i only touch a bit ( its kind of sucks, nothing to get me excited )for wvw i think it change quite a bit. more balance. it nerf lots of class specially, mesmer , ranger, warrior. which kind of pain. but still ok to play in a zerg group. not solo.

the game is still more of the same just with new story content and metas to do (since you left) ... pvp and wvw should still be the same from when you left just with different metas...

if you're looking to try gw2 since there's no sub fee, there's no harm in trying out all the stuff you missed at the very least and staying for a while if you have no other game to go to, though you may have to pay for Season 4 unlocks if you've missed all of them (and episode 1 til visions of the past in Icebrood Saga, episode 3 should be free until they release the new one very soon)

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Kazdaddy.6032 said:Is Gw2, worth coming back to?

that's the design philosophy of GW series, you can just jump back in any time you want and do the latest content

My WoW account is still frozen in time in Cata, I jumped back in last year during the free access weekend, wandered around in Orgrimmar for bout 15mins and uninstalled WoW

Yeah, I guess its GW2's fundamentals that keeps me coming back, pretty much no other MMO has them.