So many bugs (returning player)

I've just returned to the game, only a few days ago.

Already I've had several game-breaking bugs. The first was a bug that caused enemies to be invisible, making them quite hard to target. I had to reload the game and found my character dead. The next was on the Fort Trinity mission, where the game simply didn't register part of the quest complete. I ran around trying to figure out what I was supposed to do, then eventually just logged out. I completed the quest several minutes ago, with no bug this time. On the next mission, I again encountered a bug that kicked me off the server, so I'll have to repeat this quest again too. I was considering buying the expansions because the game looks cool, but the question is... does it actually work?

GW 1 was probably my favorite game ever and I'm looking to play an MMO. However... this is A LOT of bugs to run into instantly for a game that is six years old. So is it just bad luck or what? Am I doing something wrong?

Idk man sounds like bad isp and some quests you need to wait for the next step to update before doing it. No idea if that's your problem. Like if in lvl 10 story you destroy a catapult before the text updates to destroy the catapults you bug it. D/c is not a bug. I can only guess your issues. Doubt your doing anything wrong.

Well, I think your thread might eventually get moved to the bug forum which is good, because it'll be of more use over there.

Aside from that, some of what you describe sounds like lag or your computer not loading in enemy models. It's really hard to say what's causing that without knowing where you were or the specs of your machine, since the same problem can be caused by a number of different things. Lag in particular has been hitting the game very hard lately (I normally notice this when trying to use a mount while my character sits in one place for 30 seconds doing the riding animation until the game catches up).

What Fort Trinity mission were you trying to complete? Do you remember what quest you were trying to turn in?

I suppose it could be, though my cpu is relatively new. Anyway, I just want to know if this is normal, if not, maybe it'll work itself out. But I don't think my rig has any serious problems. It COULD have been lag, sure, it's possible. Yeah, it was "defense of Fort Trinity" I believe, then the mission immediately after that. Level 70 or so, in Orr or thereabouts.

And sure, move it to the bug section if that's helpful, but like I said, just concerned about the frequency of bugs, not actually solving them.

I do get disconnects from the game servers randomly sometimes too. At these times my internet connection is still working so I know it's something specific to the game. The good thing about the story instances though is that there are lots of checkpoints where you can continue from if you get disconnected. Lag is a general game wide issue that seems to be worse lately for a lot of people, especially in PoF and Living World Season 4 maps.

I'm not sure if any of those were actual bugs or not, could be. In my experience though, I have seen people claim something is bugged but they either have to wait for the next event to trigger, ress a downed npc, kill one last mob, or finish a different event, etc, in order to press forward. With that said however, I do have to admit that this game has a fair share of bugs unfortunately.

For the invisible enemies, go into the game settings menu, find the part in the grafic settings which deals with "character model limit" and put that to as high as possible. That might help.

The setting regulates how many character/npc/enemie/mini/etc models are displayed and can result in some models not getting loaded if on low.