Glorify the Golden Heart - Unintuitive and needs changes

Devildoc.6721

The collection for "Glorify the Golden Heart" is unintuitive on how to finish it once you get to the Lair of Zommoros. The normal behavior when going through an event chain to finish something like a collection is complete each event as it comes, but in this collection you need to IGNORE an event and hope everyone else there also ignores it, giving you the time needed to do the platforming sections to interact with each orb. Not only is this unintuitive and going against how the game has taught you to play from the very beginning, to complete events and succeed at them, but it means that other players not doing the collection can mistakingly complete the event and railroad everyone into being kicked out and not completing their collection, whether it was unintentional because they didn't know better, or trolling. This needs to go. Completing events shouldn't result in kicking people out so they're left waiting for the event to start again to retry, that's normally a failure condition thing. Other players should never be able to screw up the game for other players simply by doing the intuitive thing and completing an event that's in front of them. Leaving it the way it is now is going to cause aggression between players, it's bad design.

I kinda like the Zommoros Lair event. It's exactly what I would expect to happen if I tried to loot his secret legendary stash. :)

But I agree that the collection is pretty annoying and goes against the main play style. I think the best solution would be to remove the part in Zommoros Lair altogether. Killing the djinn is the main part anyway. If it exists to remove amalgamated gemstones from the game, let the players finish that part at the wishing well.

Meh I didn't mind it personally. Got it done easily in one sitting with 5 other random ppl, just tag up on a map and 1-2 ppl will come and you can get in. I liked it and felt it was a pretty cool event. After we got the achieve we all finished the event, even the 2 ppl who were there for the event happily let us finish the achieve first one we said what we were doing.

See I had a group doing it but a few people didn't know about the collection and kept doing the event. we finally got their attention just short of the bar being full but then some random came in and completed it, luckily I think everyone got the last orb by that time.. but had we not gotten one person's attention earlier it would have completed before the rest of us even found the onyx orb.

this was also on a repeat of the event cycle since the first time we went in there we didn't know not to do the event, we thought, as natural in this game, that when you completed the event chain, we'd be able to interact with something that let us use our amalgamated gemstones So we just went straight through the event chain and were mad and confused when we just found ourselves kicked out and having just wasted our time since nobody got anything completed.

Maybe there was a change as to how long a person can stay inside. It took me awhile to find a group just to open it. I only had 3 of the stones. I did not follow the champ out for the event so when it closed it left me in there. I even logged out got the remaining stones on another toon then logged back in on the one I left in the lair. Had no problem with being kicked out and the event was not happening. Had all the time I needed to finish it up. But maybe they changed it to where it kicks people out now. Just wasn't that way for me.

Archived