Staff roaming wvw

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hi handsome Lee's

Not played much ele in a while and having a bit of a blast with staff tempest.not so much solo or dueling yet as I am still mucking about with gear.

Built is pretty good but I do change skills traits around a bit but I cant seem to build the ele up with adequate stats. Atm I am set as hybrid, experimenting a bit with the few burn/bleed skills I have while keeping medium dmg and healing power but I wanted to try going power with a minimal of 540 heal power (odd numbers I know lol)

Here is my current gear set uphttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlRw8YNMGGKmsWetLA-zVZYVRBKQMM2g8PjMVA9KB04BIgNwrRALbA-w

Can anyone fix me up a nice dps with healing power gear?

Again, for wvw roaming/gang banging lol

Staff doesn't do any condi damage so grieving stats are useless. A lot of your damage on staff in small scale fights comes from air skills and lightning rod (or some FA shenanigans with weaver and dual skills, but even then you can use lightning rod), which you dont have.

Staff is not really a weapon made for dueling, yet your traits focus on sustain instead of burst. Your healing skill is also pointless because it's the worst self heal you can take (next to signet on ranged builds). Tornado also makes no sense without LR since rebound is better defense and FGS is better cleave/escape tool.

Get marauder/zerker trinkets. Ditch water for air. Take more offensive runes. 500 healing power is an overkill, especially on a staff build that's not fully committed to supporting. If you want dps with healing gear then you need to use melee weapons since they are far more versatile, can get might from blasting and can actually hit their target.

It can work. Because it is an unexpected build and you still have very very strong skills ; damage and cc etc. Like, lighting surge, pile driver, unsteady ground, statif field, frozen field, magnetic aura etc...Some one who is not familiar with staff weaver (animation, damage, cast time, projectils...) can die really fast.But the reverse is also true. , you need to know what skills can be reflected, skills that root you with cast time, skills that need anticipation or are useless (like you don't cast meteor shower if the enemy isn't greedy enough to stand in it or is already melee pressuring you, ...).It's like d/x weaver ; that was so easy at the release. Even against sword weavers who should know a bit about dagger mh, they were like "wtf, he has the double of cc, of range, of damage !?" I got PM at each fights "what's your build ? What's this skill ?" but now I see almost 70% of dagger/x builds and very few sword/x builds; in WvW, so people have knowledge of skills etc.

I don't think elem is very "newbie friendly", but staff roamer !? Plus tempest and water ? You're not trying the easy mode.Weaver/arcane/air is the best with staff, for dueling/roaming. Because you need this superspeed to avoid melee and vulerability application to burst; arcane for some vigor, protection ... May be Weaver/water/air. You'll lack sustain, but on any other versions you just won't have enough pressure and synergy to kill anything, not even guards on a tower.Or don't play staff, don't play power. Keep your build but with condition, and so dagger/dagger or dagger/warhorn.

@"steki.1478" said:Staff doesn't do any condi damage so grieving stats are useless. A lot of your damage on staff in small scale fights comes from air skills and lightning rod (or some FA shenanigans with weaver and dual skills, but even then you can use lightning rod), which you dont have.

Staff is not really a weapon made for dueling, yet your traits focus on sustain instead of burst. Your healing skill is also pointless because it's the worst self heal you can take (next to signet on ranged builds). Tornado also makes no sense without LR since rebound is better defense and FGS is better cleave/escape tool.

Get marauder/zerker trinkets. Ditch water for air. Take more offensive runes. 500 healing power is an overkill, especially on a staff build that's not fully committed to supporting. If you want dps with healing gear then you need to use melee weapons since they are far more versatile, can get might from blasting and can actually hit their target.

Thing is, there are far too many pew pews or condi thief around to not take tempest with the amount of reflect it has. Could learn to play focus I guess.

Also I pinged the wrong gear, have a lot more condi. And the point of condi was just for random stuff from staff earth 5, overload fire and just stuff like that while keeping other stats. This isn't a burst hard build at all.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAYlRw8YNMGGKmsWetLA-zVRYVRBXAbQ+nRmKgelAa8AEwG41IglNA-w

Thanks for reply though

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@"steki.1478" said:Staff doesn't do any condi damage so grieving stats are useless. A lot of your damage on staff in small scale fights comes from air skills and lightning rod (or some FA shenanigans with weaver and dual skills, but even then you can use lightning rod), which you dont have.

Thing is, there are far too many pew pews or condi thief around to not take tempest with the amount of reflect it has. Could learn to play focus I guess.

Also I pinged the wrong gear, have a lot more condi. And the point of condi was just for random stuff from staff earth 5, overload fire and just stuff like that while keeping other stats. This isn't a burst hard build at all.

Thanks for reply though

Staff wont help you vs reflects since it has one on big cooldown. More condi damage also wont help you since staff doesnt do condi damage and overloads will tick maybe 2-3 times at most (unless the enemy is downed), you also dont have cover conditions so any damage you do with them will get cleansed instantly. Burst or no burst there's no reason to waste 800 stat points.

D/f has quite a lot of projectile reflect and destruction, making you almost immune to them. It also has some nice mobility skills, very strong ranged CC and nice burst with both power and condi, making celestial a lot more beneficial than on staff.