I would appreciate if ... (about mastery points)

Post 80 and post-in game mastery explanation, we get an icon with a number next to it that tells us how many mastery points we have on that map and how many we've earned e.g 2/10 mastery points.

Maybe noted in some way so that new players who only just hit 80 don't accidentally think it's relevant to world completion.

This isn't really a big deal and I would rather Anet prioritize any other major complaints the community majority has been dealing with (like how they dealt with Drizzlewood coast meta rewards) But just gotta say it. It's just a good feeling knowing that I can press m and know how many hearts are on the map. It's easily wikiable, but that tiny quality of life that I don't have to google it, it just tells me the numbers. Great.

I want that tiny quality of life for masteries points too.

The issue there is that in order for Mastery points for be included in that UI, Mastery points would need to be included at part of the check for Map completion, and for this check be rolled back for all maps in the game; since there are 9 mastery insights for Central Tyria, and F2P players aren't able to acquire those mastery points, F2P users would be unable to obtain 100% map completion.

@Parasite.5389 said:The issue there is that in order for Mastery points for be included in that UI, Mastery points would need to be included at part of the check for Map completion, and for this check be rolled back for all maps in the game; since there are 9 mastery insights for Central Tyria, and F2P players aren't able to acquire those mastery points, F2P users would be unable to obtain 100% map completion.

Surely there's a way to programme something else?

Like adding a category and the number to the achievement panel. E.g

A name that says desert highlands mastery icon 2/10

@Katelynn.6593 said:

@"Parasite.5389" said:The issue there is that in order for Mastery points for be included in that UI, Mastery points would need to be included at part of the check for Map completion, and for this check be rolled back for all maps in the game; since there are 9 mastery insights for Central Tyria, and F2P players aren't able to acquire those mastery points, F2P users would be unable to obtain 100% map completion.

A name that says desert highlands
mastery icon
2/10

you mean this? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_Insights_(Path_of_Fire)

@Katelynn.6593 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:That's part of exploration! However, check the wiki -- it usually details how many mastery points are on a map and where to find them.

I can also wiki how many hearts are on the map. Yet I do not have to. Also the wiki doesn't tell me how many I've done already.

Actually, the widgets do exactly that.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:That's part of exploration! However, check the wiki -- it usually details how many mastery points are on a map and where to find them.

I can also wiki how many hearts are on the map. Yet I do not have to. Also the wiki doesn't tell me how many I've done already.

Is that one of those third party programmes?

@Parasite.5389 said:

@Parasite.5389 said:The issue there is that in order for Mastery points for be included in that UI, Mastery points would need to be included at part of the check for Map completion, and for this check be rolled back for all maps in the game; since there are 9 mastery insights for Central Tyria, and F2P players aren't able to acquire those mastery points, F2P users would be unable to obtain 100% map completion.

mastery icon
2/10

you mean this?
)

Nope. It isn't inside the game interface itself and it doesn't tell me how many of those my character has done.

@Katelynn.6593 said:

mastery icon
2/10

you mean this?
)

Nope. It isn't inside the game interface itself and it doesn't tell me how many of those my character has done.

it's in your achievement list, and marks the points as complete, i mean the only thing it's not doing is giving you the exact location of the points, but they're clearly shown on the map

@Katelynn.6593 said:

Is that one of those third party programmes?

Noo....it's right on the page in the Wiki.

@Parasite.5389 said:

mastery icon
2/10

you mean this?
)

it's in your achievement list, and marks the points as
, i mean the only thing it's not doing is giving you the exact location of the points, but they're clearly shown on the map

Yet it still doesn't provide a number. Also I don't remember insight masteries being on the achievements list. Even if it were again

The map will tell you how many hero points you've done

It will tell you how many hearts you've done

It literally has a number that is x/y. That's what I've been talking about this whole time.

Now I get that it can't be put on the map, but maybe compiled into one place. I can open up my achievement panel, click a category that says mastery points for e.g Desert Highlands, and it tells me what number out of what number I did. And I'm talking about insight mastery points only.

I want to be fully sure I did all the masteries, but just as I don't have to open up my web browser on a game that already lags for me just to see x/y for hearts and hero points and waypoints and stuff, I still have to go to a different browser for mastery points. Whereas it could just have a number to make sure I truly didn't miss any of the insight mastery points.

The game doesn't tell me where waypoints are either, but you don't see me complaining about that. Because it uses a number system so I can be sure I've collected all of the waypoints around that map.

Basic features should be in built into the game because that makes sense. I should only have to open Wiki for in depth stuff like how to craft an ascended weapon or whatever.

But x/y mastery insight points completed? I shouldn't have to look that up. I don't have to look up on wiki whether I've completed all hero points (some of which commune like mastery points.) Yet I have to do the same with mastery points that I commune with?

As I said in my post if Anet was going to work on anything, this would be at the bottom of my priorities list. But the things that at are the top of the priorities list have already been said by other players. Therefore I'm mentioning what I haven't seen other players say that I would like in game.

@Katelynn.6593 said:

mastery icon
2/10

you mean this?
)

, i mean the only thing it's not doing is giving you the exact location of the points, but they're clearly shown on the mapI want to be fully sure I did all the masteries, but just as I don't have to open up my web browser on a game that already lags for me just to see x/y for hearts and hero points and waypoints and stuff, I still have to go to a different browser for mastery points. Whereas it could just have a number to make sure I truly didn't miss any of the insight mastery points.

As i'm trying to say, and if you look at the image in my last post(here is it again, in case you missed it); the mastery insights are listed in your Achievement panel, you don't need to open the wiki to view them, they are clearly listed by map and marked as complete once you've visited them.

@Parasite.5389 said:

mastery icon
2/10

you mean this?
)

, i mean the only thing it's not doing is giving you the exact location of the points, but they're clearly shown on the mapI want to be fully sure I did all the masteries, but just as I don't have to open up my web browser on a game that already lags for me just to see x/y for hearts and hero points and waypoints and stuff, I still have to go to a different browser for mastery points. Whereas it could just have a number to make sure I truly didn't miss any of the insight mastery points.

As i'm trying to say, and if you look at the image in my last post
; the mastery insights are listed in your Achievement panel, you don't need to open the wiki to view them, they are clearly listed by map and marked as complete once you've visited them.

That is the most helpful comment I've gotten on here. Thank you. You showed me a wiki page instead. You could have showed me this very useful screenshot sooner!

Welp nothing more needs to be done. That's exactly what I need.