PvE Meta Expectations for Holosmith

Dahkeus.8243

The build I am using is Explosives 3/2/1 Firearms 3/1/2 and Holosmith 1/2/2. Sword + Shield. Full berserker gear, scholar runes, sigils of force and air.

The rotation itself isn't too hard. It is just really spammy, and requires mashing a lot of keys. Use the toolbelts for Laser Disk, Photon Wall, and Rifle Turret when they're off cooldown. Use skills 3 and 4 in Holo form when off cooldown. Use Laser Disk, Prime Light Beam, and Launch Wall when above 50 heat. When Holo form is nearly maxed, use sword 2 when off cooldown and follow up with auto attacks. Use sword 3 if you need additional quickness.

One of the things I'm unsure of is when exactly to use Launch Wall and Laser Disk. Should I use them as soon as I hit 50 heat in holo form, or should I hold off until I'm out of holo form to fill the space between refraction cutter recharges? That sword 2 over 100 heat does a crap ton of damage. Also, for the sake of tests, should I stop using sword 3 for self-quickness uptime or should I be more real and use the skill even if it is a DPS loss under theoretical permanent quickness? \

Archived