Two Issues with Firebrand Mantras

Hi I have found two issues with Mantras, one might be intended (annoying as it is) but I am fairly sure the second must be a bug.

The first issue is that when I swap maps my mantras reset and I ave to chant them over again. It is very annoying when you are doing a run with a guild or going after bounties which require constant map swapping and running into the action fast. I do not understand why I need to charge my mantras every time I go to a new map.

The second issue has to do with the interaction of mantras with mounts. Mantras have three charges, and the icon for the mantra changes on the last charge. What I notices is that if the mantra is on the last charge and you get on a mount, the charges will build up to 3 but the icon will not change back, and once you use the skill (with three charges) it goes on cooldown and you have to charge the mantra again. Hence the skill has a buggy interaction with mounts. You can see thi in the attached image where my mantra has the icon for the 3rd charge but has all three charges remaining.https://imgur.com/a/ZUzP5

UPDATE: The second issue regarding mounts also seems to apply to being downed. I was on the last charge of my mantra and went down, got revived and noticed my mantra had two charges but had the icon for the final cast. I used it and the abilty went on cooldown which messed my rotation and utility up a lot.

The first point that you mentioned has been the way mantras have always worked. Any time you change maps your prepared mantras are reset meaning that you need to recast them. I'm not what the reasoning for this is since cooldowns are maintained through a map swap; it may have originally been intended for PvP/WvW since skills didn't have a PvP/PvE split when GW2 launched but it's probably unlikely that this will end up changing.

Best suggestion is to get used to recasting your Mantras after you change maps.

Archived