Problems with keybinding side-keys on mouse, can someone help? (SOLVED)

Zirael.4279

SOLVED

I have a Corsair Scimitar RGB pro mouse that I got for christmas, it's a good mouse but I for some reason cannot get gw2 to register my side keys so I can't keybind them. Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong, or a solution to what I can do to fix it?It has the newest software and I have ICUE.Thanks :)

Does corsair have its own software that lets you rebind the keys? If it does, change your side keys to a combination of keys (for example shift+x, shift+ctrl+x etc) or to normally hard to reach/unused keys and then bind that combination/key ingame to the skill you want to use.

• Confused 1

I'm glad you got that sorted out. A just-in-case reminder: there is a strong rule in GW2 about one key press = one action. Combo keys would be fine, eg if you have to hold ctrl-T down on your keyboard to set a target, there should be no problem turning one of your thumb buttons into ctrl-T since only one action results (and you could rebind the combo to a single key if you wanted anyway). Don't set up macros with your mouse software to fire off multiple actions with one keypress (unless it's playing a musical instrument, that is the only exception officially allowed).

The convenience of mouse side buttons is not having to flail your fingers all over the place, but they still are just there to map legitimate keyboard actions.