Thief Dead?

Kachros.4751

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:"Repeating something proven wrong doesn't magically turn it right, it just makes you look like a fool. The stealth happens at the start of the animaion"
You could try to show me some proof , i am bored to do so :P

If you are mid air, while in the stealth animation , you whined you cant do anything .You already got stealth at the start of the animation , and you can land 60-80 yards before the expected location by switching weapons , or any listed spell i told you so

Lets nerf the blind from Thief and spread it all over the Crit tree . It will benefisial to you .

People whined that stealth was overpowered, and you the oly ne saying that the problem was not stealth in WvW , but the problem was the mobility . But because its an longintergated part of the games , they wont change any of them . Guess again :P(most likely to give it damage , but i like slow-burning cercullar talks , like a good Cook:P)

Baked freshly just for you today. I suggest to change video play speed to 0.25.

Try to capture the enemy thief stealthing .Just for science :PI dont have many friends to do that :((just dailies heroes, that they dont log in)

Edit: I should tell my neighor to get a better internet conection :PSome times the siluette dissapers at 45% of the animation or 70%

He might get stealth when he "blast|" the field , but the visual que ... siluete dissaperaring depents on the internet speed or if you have straight channel conection , or something

If you ever played thief and fought another thief you would know you can mess them up a lot by interrupting HS. Here i interrupted it at begin and at the end of the animation. Enjoy.

good thing BP blinds, to remove that as an option for most situations :)

Here is the thing, thief combat follows certain flow. If you are experienced it is usually pretty predictable. Here are few simple ways to deal with it, at least as thief, if you assume to get hit by BP:
  • you avoid it because you know it is coming
  • you sneak an attack before interrupt
  • you use signet to cleanse blind and then interrupt (a lot do it)
  • you just let them stealth and dodge backstab or just spam aoe to force them out of melee or at least punish them for it
  • you stealth yourself and let them look for you, given you stealthed later you are going to stay in stealth little bit longer thus making them vulnerable to backstab (or similar)

Now the actual fun starts when thief knows that you will interrupt them and waits for the interrupt but that goes in the realm of mind games and applies to any class :>Also, as thief i don't really have access (yeah yeah there is ONE) to blocks which is options for other classes.
Edit
: you can also use fear (e.g. marks), chain, line of warding or taunt among many other things to prevent them from stealthing.

You guys act like bp+hs combo is some kind of iwin button - it is not. I posted the video so there is no misinformation spread about supposedly not interruptable combo - which is bs because i (and many other players, INCLUDING MESMERS) interrupt it every day.

Good mesmers will always interrupt a straight-forward BP+HS combo - which opens up more mind games for good players.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheBigPlay.7504 said:No wonder we have a bunker meta. Ppl want to keep nerfting thief, when the class is suppost to have the highest mobility in the game.

it still has the highest mobility in the game, and it still shits on any nonbunker big time during ganks, thiefs problem is that 80% of playerbase plays tanks and supports that are tanky as fuck