As EoD Nears
There's All New Frontiers
New Weapon Veneers
Revamped Engineers!!

Raids and Dungeon Clears
Release Day - It Nears
So Get Over Your Fears
And Come Join Us in Tyrs

I'm really uncertain why I wasn't chosen to be Binden's Inaugural poet. It might have had something to do with that whole "Man From Nantucket" thing....who knows. Anyway - this is the best guild ever, so get in here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 4:03 PM, SovietVixen.7396 said:

Maybe i am being picky, but doesn't the "30+" rule go against your "no discrimination based on age" rule? 😛 

Like Disa said, it's not necessarily age itself. More of a certain level of respect and maturity that tend to come with that age. It is a good point though!

I actually led the guild when it was first founded in GW2, and was 22 at the time 😁

• Like 2

we've had some great folks join TYRS recently and all have said that even in just a few days that they're glad they gave TYRS a try... we're always looking to make even more new friends... and that's what we all are. friends. not just guildies. i hope you'll come take a look and i know you'll like what you see.

Disa Wyrmhunter, co-guild leader

On 2/24/2022 at 10:36 PM, DrowningDaffodil.1526 said:

I joined TYRS this week and they've been super helpful and fun to quest with!

This is a great guild! Highly recommended, 5 out of 5 stars!

😊

Thanks DrowningDaffodil!! it's always great to hear from current members that they're happy with us!! ❤️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update from the end-game neck of the woods of Tyrs - we dissolved the static in favor of some new, more inclusive, events! Now I am running/teaching the "fast 5" IBS strikes and the priority EOD strike every Friday. On Saturdays, I will pick a raid boss and teach it to anyone who will show up! 

I hope to see a lot of new faces with these changes, much love as always to the people of Tyrs ❤️ 

• Like 1

Just got off work and came across this post, checking out the site now. What is the "home server" for the guild? If it has been mentioned I haven't come across it but it may just be me being blind haha.

Will be putting in an application shortly but I am newly returned to the game and will be starting from scratch, hence the server question.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:13 PM, BeardoSchmo.4036 said:

Just got off work and came across this post, checking out the site now. What is the "home server" for the guild? If it has been mentioned I haven't come across it but it may just be me being blind haha.

Will be putting in an application shortly but I am newly returned to the game and will be starting from scratch, hence the server question.

we don't technically have a home server, but Dragonbrand was the one that was originally what was chosen when the guild first was created. currently Dragonbrand is full, so you'd have to choose another anyway. the only thing that the worlds affect is WvW, which it won't for long once they finally get WvW that you choose one of your guilds for your WvW option.

i'll be watching for your application!

Disa Wyrmhunter

co-guild leader of TYRS Paladium

• 3 weeks later...

I have recently returned to gw2 after an extended break of years!  lol This guild name sticks in my head. Perhaps I was in it once long ago... I wouldn't mind being a member yet again if that's the case.  I have a few characters that i'm working on relearning.  i will be buying the xpacs soon.  (when i left, it was right before the 1st one dropped) My discord info is Fern Montreve#4349 and yes there's a space in the name 😉

Thank you!

hi Faelana,

welcome back to the game! you may have been in TYRS, i'm sorry to say i don't recognize your Faelana name, but that doesn't mean you weren't in the guild. however, i don't see you in the applications or in the roster on the website...  you'll need to fill out the application (again?)... here's the link:
https://tyrspaladium.shivtr.com/?site_game_id=136318
i'll keep an eye out for it!

Disa Wyrmhunter

co-guild leader of TYRS Paladium

36 minutes ago, Faelana.8629 said:

Funny thing.  I'm a member from ages ago with ESO!  LOL  so, what should i do with that?  The name I used there is Min Jastee. 🙂

Thanks!

i see you in the ESO section!  you don't have to do anything since you're a current member of TYRS in ESO. i'll send you a guild invite for GW2 in just a minute! 🙂

On 2/15/2022 at 1:34 PM, Mortalis.4529 said:

ODE TO TYRS

No Drama, No Tears
We've Been Here for Years
We're a Great Group of Peers
So Come Join Us in Tyrs

Some Still Have Careers
Some are Old it Appears
Some have Hair in Their Ears
We Sure Like Our Beers

As EoD Nears
There's All New Frontiers
New Weapon Veneers
Revamped Engineers!!

Raids and Dungeon Clears
Release Day - It Nears
So Get Over Your Fears
And Come Join Us in Tyrs

OK THIS IS going in the Tyrs Lore section for posterity! LOVE IT!

13 hours ago, DrowningDaffodil.1526 said:

This guild has expanded the scope of my gameplay and encouraged me to try and aspire to new things (like endgame content) - and they even had a poetry contest recently 😆 it was awesome - there were some fun poems!

THANK YOU so much. I can't explain how wonderful this is to read. From DAY ONE, we considered you TYRS --- with as much value as our longest running guildies, our founders, Paks and myself.

EVERYONE is equally valuable to us here. That's just the way we feel and do things here.  Enjoy!

Edited by Aandre the Giant.4615

On 2/14/2022 at 4:03 PM, Valisha.8650 said:

Maybe i am being picky, but doesn't the "30+" rule go against your "no discrimination based on age" rule? 😛 

GREAT question.  We are an OLD SCHOOL GUILD. Most gamers under the age of 25 have NO INTEREST in the topics we discuss and our camaraderie and bantering. We focus on the 30 years of age and older guildie when we recruit. HOWEVER -- we have met some "OLD SOULS" that fit in really, really nicely here.  And there are no limits to how far they can make it in Tyrs.  We have had officers, even a GUILD LEADER that was under 25 years old. We don't discriminate, period. If you got what we desire, you got it made.  If you make it in, we got your six, as long as you follow our guild rules.

However -- we are VERY PARTICULAR with who we bring in so we can ensure our guildies a friendly and comfortable environment. We monitor things VERY CLOSELY and WE KNOW what we are looking for.

We make no secret about it -- we hand pick new recruits that swear to playing by the strictest protocols in casual, social gaming... the BEST personalities who enjoy teamwork, camaraderie, no drama, no elitism, and we prefer to play with adults. Are you shy? An introvert? A military veteran? An extrovert? Great we are here to make you feel AT HOME!!!

Tyrs Paladium was founded for ONE PURPOSE, to assemble a family of gamers that choose to encircle themselves with others who believe this game should be played in a no drama, no zerg and fun environment. Tyrs members are here to play the game, together. And we are looking to create GREAT MEMORIES that you can remember for a lifetime... just like when you were a kid.

Edited by Aandre the Giant.4615
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Played years ago but returning and starting over on new account. Was curious if you are ok with folks with sporadic playtimes who still want to be a part of a friendly/older community ? With kids/career my playtime is sometimes decent amount , other times comes and goes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 3:06 AM, Aandre the Giant.4615 said:

GREAT question.  We are an OLD SCHOOL GUILD. Most gamers under the age of 25 have NO INTEREST in the topics we discuss and our camaraderie and bantering. We focus on the 30 years of age and older guildie when we recruit. HOWEVER -- we have met some "OLD SOULS" that fit in really, really nicely here.  And there are no limits to how far they can make it in Tyrs.  We have had officers, even a GUILD LEADER that was under 25 years old. We don't discriminate, period. If you got what we desire, you got it made.  If you make it in, we got your six, as long as you follow our guild rules.

However -- we are VERY PARTICULAR with who we bring in so we can ensure our guildies a friendly and comfortable environment. We monitor things VERY CLOSELY and WE KNOW what we are looking for.

We make no secret about it -- we hand pick new recruits that swear to playing by the strictest protocols in casual, social gaming... the BEST personalities who enjoy teamwork, camaraderie, no drama, no elitism, and we prefer to play with adults. Are you shy? An introvert? A military veteran? An extrovert? Great we are here to make you feel AT HOME!!!

Tyrs Paladium was founded for ONE PURPOSE, to assemble a family of gamers that choose to encircle themselves with others who believe this game should be played in a no drama, no zerg and fun environment. Tyrs members are here to play the game, together. And we are looking to create GREAT MEMORIES that you can remember for a lifetime... just like when you were a kid.

Good words Commodore - I can touch on this as one of the guilds younger "old souls". I joined Tyrs when I was 22. And I'm now an officer in Tyrs. Our applications on our site make it really easy for us to see who is and isn't a good fit, regardless of age. As Commodore said, we know who we want as a guildie!

Fellow young'ins do not be afraid to apply, particularly if you usually get along with older crowds!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there !

You guys seem to be exactly what I was looking for. I am a mid aged dude. I feel mmorpgs are dime-a-dozen but  ability for them to make meaningful relationships is what sets them apart. I hope you are still recruiting and if yes, would very much like to join your guild.

Fair warning though: I am a complete newbie to gw2 (just coming from ffxiv) so might need handholding if I need to move any servers or any details on joining the guild.

Even if you are not recruiting, I appreciate what you have been doing and I wish you happy times ahead :)

• 1 month later...

Posted two responses above is my application request to Tyrs and now I am in it - I say this so you know I am not BS'ing.

This guild has some really nice, warm, helpful and chill group of people.

Although I am still levelling up, I do see many events taking place day after day and makes me want to level up even faster so that I can partake in them.

There are those guilds that are like always-on cities where no-one knows you or cares who you are. Nothing wrong with that... everyone likes busy cities :)

Tyrs is like a small village where people know you, talk to you and would help you if you reach out. 

I like visiting big cities but I like living here in Tyrs. :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Looking for a friendly guild with an emphasis on teamwork and building a community? Excited for Wintersday to arrive? Come apply and join the party!

Announcing the first annual Tyrs Week of Wintersday!

Starting Friday, December 16 through Friday, December 23, the GW2 Chapter of Tyrs Paladium will be hosting a week long celebration!

Megan is running a Wintersday Giveaway every day of the week, culminating in a grand prize package valued at 125 Gold on the 23rd! Speak to her about getting your name entered in the draw!

Kestros is running a Secret Santa! Send them your name by Thursday, December 15 and get back the name of someone else participating on Friday, December 16th! From there you have until the 22nd to purchase an in-game gift for the person you were given and send it to the guild officer you are told to. Then, on Friday, December 23 before the grand draw, everyone will be sent their gifts!

We will also be scattering various Wintersday themed events throughout the week! From storming the workshop in Toypocalypse to participating in the race around Divinity's Reach and everything in between, we've got something for everyone! Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the event!

Edited by Thomas.5074
Formatting