Come back after years to find characters missing

So decided to play gw2 after being away since 2013? before the first expansion, and every one of my characters are missing, achievement points 0 etc. and i get 2 popups saying what server would you like to be your home and what one would you like to transfer to.

so file a ticket to see whats' up and support "can't find my account" ... that's all pending stuff so can't divulge much

Were there any kind of data wipes or change in account systems between long ago and now which means my characters are lost?Like it's deffo the same account it has IP data from when i first played in the authorized networks section on the GW2 site

• Sad 1

@iotaTwondra.7120 said:Were there any kind of data wipes or change in account systems between long ago and now which means my characters are lost?Like it's deffo the same account it has IP data from when i first played in the authorized networks section on the GW2 site

not aware of any wipes. there were rollbacks some time ago and everyone affected was compensated (gemstore) but i am not aware of arenanet performing any wipes on any particular account without valid reason.

you are right to contact support though, based on what you say, it seems like an account/data issue specific to you that only arenanet could possibly look into in detail (and solve)

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Since nobody can "remove" achievements from an account, it's more likely that you used a different email back then. Or there was some form of mix-up that support will find.

Oh yea dident read that part maybe find your game key and ask what email it associated with.

Played from release (headstart) undil mid of Dec. 2013. Then break until June 2019. And all my stuff was still there. The thing with the different account/email seems most likely.

Try to find the key - as Linken mentioned. Or try using all of the email addresses you used in the past and try checking them. (Trying to send password reset link maybe. If you type the wrong password you won't know if an account exists for the mail or not - I think the message here is neutral to make it harder for brute forcers to just try different emails to even see if there is an account.)

There were times where this has happened in the past to me when logging in, no characters etc, this is going back years though, waiting and trying again a few times and they all suddenly reappeared so I would suggest not making a new character till support get back to you, can’t remember what caused mine but it sorted itself out in the end.