Minigames - Hide 'n seek, Hide 'n go seek (tag), trivia, races, treasure hunts, and more!

Embered.5089

DISCONTINUED

DISCONTINUED

DISCONTINUED

Minigames have been discontinued due to lack of interest.

Thank you to those who supported the minigames, and I'm sorry if you were looking forward to supporting or playing more.

Original Post:

Hide 'n seek!Hide 'n go seek (tag)!Trivia!Foot Races!Treasure Hunts!Speedy Tic-Tac-Toe!Guess My Word!

Once a week on Sunkittenys at 7pm PT, I host minigames such as those listed above. If you want to know what the next minigame is, please look below or whisper Kiiber. That's K-eye-eye-B-E-R.

Schedule:4/25 7pm PT: Hide 'n Seek in Wayfarer Foothills5/2 7pm PT: Trivia on Metrica ProvinceIf a game fails to generate interest by 7pm PT, I cancel it and hope to see you next week.

Prizes included (up to a10g item per win depending on the game). Newb-friendly. See the next comment for rules and descriptions of each game.

Some games have 3 rounds, with 3 winners each round (hide 'n seek, treasure hunt). Some have 3 rounds with 1 winner each (hide 'n go seek [tag], races). Some have 1 round with 20 questions with one winner each (trivia). Each round usually takes up 20-30 minutes, so any game should not take longer than 1.5 hours. They usually last less than one hour. Sometimes there are bonus rounds.

I take donations. Mystic coins and Items only (Items include dyes, minis, tonics, weapon skins, and inventory bags). Gold NOT accepted! Sponsors can ask for me to include their name or an ad to display before/during the games where I use their funds/prizes. Please include this request in the donation mail and I will follow up with you. I spend an average of 30g per week on prizes.

In all cases, there will be a Central Tyria LFG squad formed at least for 10 minutes before the game starts. /sqjoin Kiiber. In the cases of hide 'n seek, if you're late you will have to find someone else to join a party with to make sure that you end up in the same map instance.

If you have suggestions on more minigames, please comment below or message me in-game!

Have fun!

Event Logs:I started this a few kittenys late (4/12/2021), but it should still be accurate.4/10/2021: Three attempted (not enough interest) hide 'n seeks, one successful hide 'n seek4/11/2021: Two attempted hide 'n seeks, two successful hide 'n seeks, one successful hide 'n go seek (tag), one successful trivia trial run4/12/2021: One attempted hide 'n seek, two attempted mount races, one successful hide 'n seek, one successful treasure hunt trial run4/13/2021: One attempted mount race, one attempted hide 'n seek, one successful hide 'n seek, one successful treasure hunt4/14/2021: One attempted hide 'n go seek (tag), one successful tic-tac-toe trial run, one successful trivia4/15/2021: One successful hide 'n seek4/16/2021: One successful guess my word trial run. Decided to continue minigames on a weekly basis.4/18/2021: One successful guess my picture

Edited by Embered.5089
Discontinuing minigames

Rules and Descriptions:Events always take place in starter zones. Therefore, anyone level 2 and up can join at any time.

Hide 'n SeekI hide, you all seek. I will give hints every 2-3 minutes. When you find me, stand right next to me, /salute, and run away so that others can't use you to find me. If there are choices for prizes, you can choose after you run away. Do NOT talk in /say chat while you're near me! Others can use that to find us. There are three winners each round, so don't give up just because someone already found me! Three main rounds. You are allowed to use gliders and mounts but you do not need them to find or get to me.If there is a bonus round, I will hide as a transformed something using a tonic. When you find me, /laugh instead of salute.After each round, I will put up my Mentor tag so that you can see where I was hiding.

Hide 'n Go Seek (Tag)I will wander around the map. If I see anyone coming at me, I will run for my life. Truth is, I rarely see people coming fast enough to react. I will give hints as to where I am. All you need to do to win is pass your character model through mine (hug me). There is one winner per round, three rounds.

Foot RaceHas yet to succeed. May discontinue. You must join my squad. I will put down markers around the map. While racing, you need to pass through every marker in order. You must touch either the symbol or the vertical line that goes through it. I can roughly see from the map if you are doing so. You can choose how to get from one marker to another. You may use combat skills, but NO gliders, mounts, or waypoints. The first person to pass the last marker wins the round. Three rounds.

Treasure HuntYou must join my squad. I will ask for items. Which items depends on which map we're on. These will be items that you cannot get off of the Trading Post, and will most likely be soulbound or account bound. In order to win, you must link the items in squad chat. If I ask for multiple of that item, they must be stacked. You may NOT use the wiki. You may get the items from anywhere around the map that the game takes place in. You get to keep the items. There are three winners per round, three rounds.

TriviaYou must join my squad. I will ask twenty questions related to the map that we are in. Spelling counts. Answers must be in English. The first person to answer each question in squad chat wins.

Speedy Tic-Tac-ToeYou must join my squad. It's 1v1, one game at a time. Taking turns, each player decides where to place their piece by walking there and bouncing and I use squad markers to mark the spots. You can also call out the spot that you want, e.g. "northwest corner" or "south middle". Player 1 uses green and blue markers, Player 2 uses the other colors. The loser gets to play again and chooses who they play against. If a tie results, two new players are selected by me. 3 in a row in any direction wins! 1 winner per round. Time limit: 30 minutes total. Speed challenge: You must choose where to place your marker within 5 seconds!

Guess My WordYou must join my squad. I think of a word and do not tell you anything about it except how many letters are in it. Each person can guess one letter at a time and I tell you if it has it and where it is, i.e. "I guess E!", " E _". If there is a letter, I will first say so and then update the blanks. Please pause and give me time to update the blanks before resuming. At any time, anyone can guess the full word as many times as they want. The first person to guess the full word wins the round. Spelling counts. Time limit: 1 hour total.

Guess My PictureStill in its trial phase. You must join my squad. I think of an object and do not tell you anything about it. I draw it on the map and everyone guesses what it is. You can guess as many times as you want. The first person to guess the object in English with correct spelling wins. One winner per round. Time limit: 45 minutes total.

Follow The LeaderStill in its trial phase. Not really a game and the prizes are small; it's just a silly thing. I go around a map doing things and people follow and copy me. You do not have to be in my squad but I recommend it because it guarantees that you get your participation reward. At the end of the game, when I do my last thing that is to be copied, I will mail everyone still there a prize. Only those who do the last thing or who are in my squad will be rewarded. Time limit: 10 minutes.

Remember to check this thread often! The schedule is updated at least once a day to show at least the next one or two days! Times may change, so check the schedule again before looking for my squad! Also just increased the number of winners for Treasure Hunt. Really, this thread is updated often xD

Follow The Leader and Tic-Tac-Toe have been added!Edit: Guess My Word and Guess My Picture have also been added!Edit 2: Doubled the amount of questions for Trivia, but prizes will be... not quite halved but a little less each. Overall, it will cost me more =.=

After Sunday 4/17, I will cut the number of games down to 3-5 games a week. 1 game during a weekday, 2-4 games during the weekend.Edit: I will most likely discontinue the minigames due to lack of interest. So far it's 50% no-goes, 50% barely get the minimum 3 people. I may go back to my favorite server in MineCraft just to host minigames to a more receptive community. It is, however, a younger community...Edit 2: Want to know something sad? No one in my favorite MineCraft server plays minigames, either...

Good news! I decided to continue minigames on a weekly basis. They will now be hosted every Sunday at 7pm PT.Edit: I also recalculated after changing my schedule and realized that I went from spending 90g/day to only 30g/week on prizes. Wow, hosting 3 games a day every day really required a lot! Now I don't need to beg for money anymore, yay! I can sustain 30g/week easy.Edit 2: I am hosting weekly events on both GW2 and my favorite MineCraft server :D I am happy now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah too bad. i've done this myself from time to time. but maybe like the forums alot of guilds also lack interest in guild hall activities since guildhalls have faded from importance. It's a good idea though. I guess i'm too late to this party. 😞 I tried treasure hunts before Playing in Your Guild Hall Pays! or May Challenge Month for curious people like myself in our guild.

Edited by Kelly.7019

7 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

oh and as i actually go back and read i see this was ingame live things. ahhh. nvm 🙂  

Yup, these were minigames for the general public. I figured out how to edit my previous posts (the devs saw my question in another post and turned on the feature), but it seems like the transfer messed up all of the formatting lol. For me, this is fine because this is a discontinued post 😛