Core Mesmer Solo Dungeons Build

Khalisto.5780

I play this game of soloing dungeons with all classes, condi and power build. It's time for core mesmer, since I'm running rabid on my core mesmer the only struggle i have is AoE dmg, aside from staff bounces and torch skills nothing seems to have aoe dmg, torment and confusion are kinda crap against mobs as well.

Power build i feel attack is the best defense, since i have enough tools to reset my cds

I'd still like some suggestions cuz i'm not mesmer main and any tips are welcome

On power mesmer i run full zerker

gs - s/s most of the time

Dueling 131

Illusions 221

Domination 121

Mirror, PS, Blink, decoy, moa most of time, i also use feedback, PL mass invis and cleasing mantra when needed

In my condi build i use

scp/torch staff

Illusions 223

Dueling 123

Chaos 122

Mirror, midnight, blink, domination, moa, same situational utilities

rabid, undead

still looking for good sigils for both builds

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 3

Core condi mes very weak, you should just  run power, the traits for your power build you listed is fine but if you want more survivability you can run this setup: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABwyx3lVw2YdMQ2IW6S/LNA-zxIY74vMqtCqIFMZA-e you wouldn't need cleansing mantra on this build ^phantasmal disenchanter and defender are very good utilities too

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 2:32 PM, necromaniac.7629 said:

And if you want to just run the build you mentioned, here is a little tweaking http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAwyFlVw2YdMQ2IOyKdrMA-zxIY7o7vMqtqqIFMZVAM-e

I would try to make a a core condi build for you for boss fights only but with the upcoming patch especially, it makes no sense because the chaos traitline is getting some reworks

It can't be run with healing signet, it has double the cooldown and doesn't reflect projectiles, unless i run evasive mirror, which i'm already doing in some cases and it's still not enough even with feedback

Inspiration build is worth trying, maybe it has passive deffenses enough to just faceroll and focus on doing dmg

Edited by Khalisto.5780

Here's what you can try.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAs+ZlVw2YIsE2Ie8T7rfA-zRJYkRHfhkZJkeEESC49FJI2DvGQ8sB-e

The gist of it is - Torment. And this was made with the upcoming change in mind so if it doesn't really work, meh... I tried. The upcoming Chaos change will need to be updated on the site though, the selected traits are placeholders for what i'd pick for "before the patch".

Torment will give you more damage if they stay still. Meaning, you stack up as much defense from trailblazer as you can, and just spam clones and torment on them and try to stay alive while they are dealt damage.

Energy sigils will help you dodge more, you'll need that for soloing, scepter and staff for torment stacking and utility, torment has 100% duration too. All signets will grant you distortion so you can use them defensively at the right moment, use healing signet to replenish phantoms (particularly, disenchanter and mage - DON'T use it on staff phantoms, they're not worth it except for 2 clones you get after they're done being wet noodles). You have decent CC here for breakbars and runes of torment will heal you often as you apply a lot of torment. Further sustain comes from shatters themselves - use 3 clone shatter to heal yourself and with fast scepter you'll have a good clone generation if you sync that up with phantasms. 

Scepter autoattack is your friend. Torment on every hit plus clone on third, sync the clone up so it doesn't replace one of your already summoned ones.

You can use Dire if Trailblazer is too expensive.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

It can't be run with healing signet, it has double the cooldown and doesn't reflect projectiles, unless i run evasive mirror, which i'm already doing in some cases and it's still not enough even with feedback

Inspiration build is worth trying, maybe it has passive deffenses enough to just faceroll and focus on doing dmg

A 2 second reflect every 15s is not good, and why would you use your heal just to reflect when you can use feedback and reflect while doing your damage at the same, signet offers passive healing while also resetting the cooldowns of all your phantasms skills (where 70% of your damage comes from) and why try to reflect stuff when you can just block projectiles with focus 5 phantasm or even just swap out protected phantasms for warden's feedback  in the inspiration build that I gave you, what exactly are you doing that you think your build isn't enough reflect uptime?