Request for Elementals small update

There is utility glyph called "Glyph of lesser elementals".

It has 40 sec cooldown, and duration of elemental is 120 sec. You can create up to 3 small elementals that way. If you have glyphs traited that is 32 sec cooldown on such spell which allows you to have up to 4 elements active. With alacrity that number rises up to 5 small elementals active. So i know how Al shouldn't be main mechanic anywhere in the game BUT these elementals have great synergy with tempest auras share. You can cleanse condis from them and heal them up, even protect them from damage. Elementals get aura effect from the source, which makes them also great side effect tool allowing auras to proc easier. 

Rework i am requesting is: can such spell hit a quality of life change and let us spawn maximum number of elementals and such spell to just replace expiring elemental as maxium?
Other words, can we spawn all 3 small elementals instantly and just keep them in that number, like ammo, having 3 charges at start with 40 sec cooldowns? It is very frustrating to wait 40 seconds to actually spawn another one. As tradeoff, maximum should be 3, and cooldown reductions would just allow you to replace your killed/expiring elemental faster but not to stack them up to 5 as it is case now. 

I hope this will be checked by Dev team. 

2 hours ago, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

I hope this will be checked by Dev team

No, Dev team don't show up in elementalist forum soo kind of pointless. This change is nice but too big. Look for example in "Major upadate" -11of may - some big changes there for elementalists already. 

I certainly would like putting out my Elementals faster.

But a much more important change would be to not kill off Elementals by mounting up.

As far as I'm aware, Necromancer minions don't die when the Necromancer mounts up.

So why should my Elementals die when I mount up?

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 6:13 AM, Svez Poizon XD.5268 said:

Rework i am requesting is: can such spell hit a quality of life change and let us spawn maximum number of elementals and such spell to just replace expiring elemental as maxium?
Other words, can we spawn all 3 small elementals instantly and just keep them in that number, like ammo, having 3 charges at start with 40 sec cooldowns? It is very frustrating to wait 40 seconds to actually spawn another one. As tradeoff, maximum should be 3, and cooldown reductions would just allow you to replace your killed/expiring elemental faster but not to stack them up to 5 as it is case now. 

Love the application of the Ammo system to this skill to allow for ramping up to the specified summon cap faster. A cap of 3 lesser elementals (possibly increased to 4 if using the "Inscription" trait) sounds reasonable and could be split for pve/wvw/pvp if balancing becomes to tedious (it shouldn't since AI isn't as reliable in pvp/wvw).

On 5/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Fueki.4753 said:

I certainly would like putting out my Elementals faster.

But a much more important change would be to not kill off Elementals by mounting up.

As far as I'm aware, Necromancer minions don't die when the Necromancer mounts up.

So why should my Elementals die when I mount up?

Both of these changes would make for excellent QoL and appeal to more casual PvE Elementalist players who enjoy the "Summoner" aesthetic. with so many new players rushing to get their first mount very early on, penalizing them for mounting by destroying their elementals for no real reason (as far as I can see) can understandably turn players away from an otherwise very cool skill. and we already have clunky conjured weapons to handle that.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 8:12 AM, Milosz.5938 said:

No, Dev team don't show up in elementalist forum soo kind of pointless. This change is nice but too big. Look for example in "Major upadate" -11of may - some big changes there for elementalists already. 

If they do not want the game to die they better get a real team behind build diversity.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nin.9853 said:

Love the application of the Ammo system to this skill to allow for ramping up to the specified summon cap faster. A cap of 3 lesser elementals (possibly increased to 4 if using the "Inscription" trait) sounds reasonable and could be split for pve/wvw/pvp if balancing becomes to tedious (it shouldn't since AI isn't as reliable in pvp/wvw).

I'd love to get this change on the skill. Would be nice to summon them all at once (you start in fire, summon your fire elemental, swap to water, summon ice elemental, swap to air, summon air elemental, swap to earth, summon earth elemental, and there we go! Full elemental ensemble!!).

It's literally something we can already do now, but you know... Without having to wait a minute and a half ._.

• Like 2