Things which make me very unhappy with the current state of the ranger and the last patch reminded me of them.

anduriell.6280

4 hours ago, Mokk.2397 said:

OH so Electrified Net is ok ?

Besides that bug was fixed

May 17, 2016
  • Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.

Dude, I am not talking about a bug. 

The intended function of the skill is that it spawns a vine which applies 1 second of immob every second for 5 seconds.

So saying that it "just is 1 second of immob" is still wrong, that is all I am pointing out.

20 minutes ago, Criminal.5627 said:

pretty sure the tendril for ancient seed only has like 2k health, I am sorry but if you cant take the time to click on it and auto attack it you really don't have room to complain it is a 5sec imob

that is also why this skill sucks in anything that is not 1v1 as it will instantly die due to cleave and aoe dmg from any group fight that occurs.

I never complained that it is 5 seconds, I just pointed out that saying it is just a 1 second immob is wrong. Even said that I don't mind ancient seeds personally.

A skill having counterplay does not change the fact that it applies more immob than 1 second.

That's like saying "blowtorch just applies 1 second of burn", since I can cleanse the burn after 1 second to get rid of it. Counterplay is there, but claiming that blowtorch just applies 1 second of burn is ridiculous.

On 5/16/2021 at 10:09 PM, Mokk.2397 said:

I really wish people would think before they jump on a band wagon about how "over powered"  Ranger skills are

Ancient Seeds requires prerequisites  and is profession specific and is ONE SECOND immobilize . Look at other immobilize from other classes and it's no more powerful . In fact many have longer duration's  and shorter cool downs that do not require a prerequisite or are not profession specific .  By peoples thinking it should have a 20second cool down at least . That would mean that any immobilize should have a 10 second cool down for every 1 second of immobilize  . . What about Zealot's Embrace , Pin Down , Brutal Shot , Knot Shot , Net Shot , Net Wall , Bola Shot , Infiltrator's Strike , Surprise Shot , Spotter's Shot , Malicious Surprise Shot , Earthen Rush , Swap , Dark Pact  . I can go on .

People have no idea what it takes to control an AI pet . They're always out of position , slow to activate or dead  Most of the time the skills that are controllable fail . 

. Yet most people won't bother to look any of this  up for themselves and compare the skills that do similar things and keep in mind the advantages and disadvantages . No , that would be to hard wouldn't it . But jumping on band wagons is easy .

You want something that really needs a nerf take a real good look at guardian . Retaliation should have been just removed not replaced . The boon ball is more powerful then ever now  . All this patch did was cater to the all ready existing  Boon Ball AOE meta that's been an annoyance for three years  now and push the rest of us farther to the side.

To be honest, I was kind of hoping that the balance update would reduce the duration of aegis that guardians apply since they can repeatedly spam it which has put all areas of game play for Guildwars 2 in the position that mechanics are being ignored by guardians being able to pop abilities that can keep a party safe for multiple seconds from what would otherwise be mechanics that would have to be dealt with or they would wipe the party. Even how Guardians can apply stab for extended periods of time is excessive. Druids only have access to one real source of party stability and that is from using the grand master trait for spirits (Nature's Vengeance) and the spirit of nature. The stability spirit of nature offers is not great either, it is only 6 seconds of one stack of stability (only 3 seconds if you don't have gear with Concentration), costs you the use of the utility to revive downed party members to do it, and it has a 40 second cd.

31 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

A skill having counterplay does not change the fact that it applies more immob than 1 second.

That's like saying "blowtorch just applies 1 second of burn", since I can cleanse the burn after 1 second to get rid of it. Counterplay is there, but claiming that blowtorch just applies 1 second of burn is ridiculous.

But i mean it is important, if you dodge blowtorch you only take the burn stacks for the ticks you don't dodge. Saying something is good because you look at the whole of the picture doesn't mean that the individuals pieces are not flawed. Or like saying that a dark image looks beautiful on a monitor but when you switch to an image that is white you realize every 20th pixel is dead and black on the monitor.

Another example is saying that Torment from Harbinger Shroud is overpowered right now because the six stacks of torment it applies at once can do 30,341 damage. However that 30,341 damage is only done if your target stands still and it is done over 20 seconds. Each individual tick of torment is not 30,341 dmg, but is only 893 dmg to unmoving targets and most players would clear that torment off of them well before those 20 seconds were up.

Ancient seed only does 1 sec of immob per tick over 5 seconds of ticking, and that is the important thing. It is not 5 sec of immob on impact. A player would literally have to sit in it for 5 sec without using any tools at their disposal to get out of it for the immob to last 5 sec. Most players would honestly dodge it to begin with, use a skill that removes effects of immob on them so they can run out of it, or just swing their weapon once and only be caught by one stack. Taking ancient seed to begin with also means dipping into the druid trait line of which there is not a whole lot of offensive ability there so it is not likely that people that have it even have expertise to make the immob last longer than 1 sec a tick. If you are talking about immob on npcs there is way better skills/traits that give much longer lasting immob than ancient seed.

Edited by Criminal.5627

I have wvw group explicting stating no rangers. With that said can the ranger do condi cleanse for group or do more for group setting? I also seen soulbeast get kicked from group having declared as SB. So I think SB and Ranger class needed some love, naturing, some care and attending to. By Anet....

• Like 3

11 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

I have wvw group explicting stating no rangers. With that said can the ranger do condi cleanse for group or do more for group setting? I also seen soulbeast get kicked from group having declared as SB. So I think SB and Ranger class needed some love, naturing, some care and attending to. By Anet....

Yeah and along came immob and wow you think 'maybe i have something to give to a squad!'

Anet : We can't have Rangers enjoy group WvW play we must nerf it!

It hasn't changed like forever.

Just don't decide on changing to necro, it's like ranger hell but spins.

• Like 1