Why is cooldown on steal 5s higher than deadeyes mark and swipe?

Entlein.7412

Cooldown on Steal (base thief)  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should steal have the same CD like deadeyes mark and swipe again?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

I think the CD on steal should be the same like deadeyes mark and swipe again. I know specializations are special but this is a huge trade off and I like base thief a lot. It would be a good thing because you wouldn't have to pick deadeye or daredevil to get the maximum out of your character and boost build diversity.

What do you think?

Over DE it's an instant/no-cast teleport (which is a stronger ability) and you can always take Trickry since core has the three trait lines.

Over DrD it has increased range.

That being said, ANet mostly wants to sell expansions and mostly ignores core thief builds these days.

10 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Over DE it's an instant/no-cast teleport (which is a stronger ability) and you can always take Trickry since core has the three trait lines.

Over DrD it has increased range.

That being said, ANet mostly wants to sell expansions and mostly ignores core thief builds these days.

True, but if the idea is a trade off in utility then surely the cooldowns ought to be the same across specs? Mark gets longer range but loses the instant cast and teleport, swipe gets unblockable but loses range. I could understand it if a longer cooldown was the trade off for greater utility in the elite specs, but as it is it seems kinda backwards. 

9 hours ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

True, but if the idea is a trade off in utility then surely the cooldowns ought to be the same across specs? Mark gets longer range but loses the instant cast and teleport, swipe gets unblockable but loses range. I could understand it if a longer cooldown was the trade off for greater utility in the elite specs, but as it is it seems kinda backwards. 

I think you missed my last sentence.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 6:31 PM, Entlein.7412 said:

Hello,

I think the CD on steal should be the same like deadeyes mark and swipe again. I know specializations are special but this is a huge trade off and I like base thief a lot. It would be a good thing because you wouldn't have to pick deadeye or daredevil to get the maximum out of your character and boost build diversity.

What do you think?

Steal has the best instant reward potential out of these three, thats why it has the longest cooldown. These are different skills, they are supposed to feel and behave differently. I am against standardising cooldowns, e-specs are supposed to be different.