Please increase the drop rate for fossilized insects or make them tradeable

Will.9785

Bumping this thread in hopes that anet would look at this thread even for a split second and decide to improve the drop rates or reduce geode requirements for recipes...

spent 130 lockpicks got 0 fossil insects today 😭.. but when i did it a couple months back, i collected 11 fossil insects.. makes me wonder.. did they nerf the drop rate? or did anet turned that "disable fossil insect drops" switch ON on specific days?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Bumping this thread in hopes that anet would look at this thread even for a split second and decide to improve the drop rates or reduce geode requirements for recipes...

spent 130 lockpicks got 0 fossil insects today 😭.. but when i did it a couple months back, i collected 11 fossil insects.. makes me wonder.. did they nerf the drop rate? or did anet turned that "disable fossil insect drops" switch ON on specific days?

These days they tend to just lock necro'd threads, so as a potentially last reply..

@ Thread:

For the most part PvE will always have RNG, while you can sink a raw time investment into the competitive modes for a guaranteed reward. This is on purpose, otherwise these modes wouldn't be attractive.

I understand that PvE players want to be able to complete their collections purely from one game mode, however you're also playing an MMO and traditionally PvE environments in MMOs are extremely RNG and grind-heavy, sometimes requiring hundreds of hours of grinding for a single item.

The competitive modes are the guaranteed way to 100% the collection, and the devs aren't going to change it., especially since before End of Dragons the Maguuma Wastes reward track was the most profitable and thus was the most completed reward track in the entire game meaning the collection shows decent completion rates on metrics.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1