Hoelbrak Dragon Bash Beetle Race bugged?

Anyone else have the following issue with the Festival Beetle Race.

In two races, one last night and one just a few minutes ago, the Gate markers disappeared near the end of the last lap.

I had completed laps 1 and 2  and was on lap 3 since I had the messages telling me what lap I was on. On each occasion it happened at the top of the hill after you exit out of the underground area. On both occasions the race was won by the person ahead of me since only their name was broadcast before I crossed what should have been the finishing line.

I'm fairly certain that I hit all the gates prior to them disappearing and in any event if I hadn't I should still have them visible so that I could go back and pass through the one I missed.

Edit - not long run the race again, did nothing different and the gates remained in place. Very odd.

Edited by Andy.5981
missed the word I at the start of the 3rd para

12 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Did you have both time trail and the race going at the same time?

No just the race. Started in the blue square.No gates ahead of me as there would be if the Time trial was active. Race started gates appeared and off we went. I've not done the race since I posted the above so I will see what happens today.