Is there a Fractal build that I can use to solo harder content like Champions etc open world?

Tyrick.9805

So I'm planning to start playing my ranger tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'd set up my character according to this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condi_DPS

Would I be able to solo champions open world or I'd need to keep a different set of gear every time I Want to do it?

I guess more skilled players can solo anything no matter what gear they have but I'm not an experienced player.

I just want to play a ranger with preferably dagger/x and maybe x/torch? Or a longbow could work too I'm not sure.

I noticed that there are many people against most metabattle builds so if someone could suggest a youtube video or some other guide, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Thing is, for you to solo something like a champ, you need toughness, because as you said, you are not experienced to keep yourself alive. In fractals you do not need toughness because you usually have a healer there, so as you can see the fractals and open world soloing goes against each other, the build you linked, it is really good in fractals but since it is a condi class, most likely in higher tier fractals you will get flamed, because slb is not FB to have a burst of condi, neither Necro to epi and somewhat make your DPS look decent when killing normal trash mobs.

The build you linked, is capable of doing champs and also performing in fractals somewhat good, even tho nowdays slb is more of a utility DPS class, if you want a build on what you can survive just search for Lord Hizen on YT, he has a slb build but that you cannot use/not advised to use in fractals

2 hours ago, AhsWeeT.5476 said:

Thing is, for you to solo something like a champ, you need toughness, because as you said, you are not experienced to keep yourself alive. In fractals you do not need toughness because you usually have a healer there, so as you can see the fractals and open world soloing goes against each other, the build you linked, it is really good in fractals but since it is a condi class, most likely in higher tier fractals you will get flamed, because slb is not FB to have a burst of condi, neither Necro to epi and somewhat make your DPS look decent when killing normal trash mobs.

The build you linked, is capable of doing champs and also performing in fractals somewhat good, even tho nowdays slb is more of a utility DPS class, if you want a build on what you can survive just search for Lord Hizen on YT, he has a slb build but that you cannot use/not advised to use in fractals

Well some people suggested me to switch from ranger to another class, but I only like Ranger and Thief but for a thief I'm afraid it's not too good in open world content.

A condi deadeye looks totally cool too...

1 minute ago, Tyrick.9805 said:

Well some people suggested me to switch from ranger to another class, but I only like Ranger and Thief but for a thief I'm afraid it's not too good in open world content.

A condi deadeye looks totally cool too...

Yes, they are kinda right, soulbeast is in a bad state as of now, does low DPS compared to most other condi classes in fractals, and hence its mostly used to buff those classes with a trait called stance share, and spirits, and stances. but its power variant is not that bad for casual fractals and open world trash killing but this is all, you basically would be easier with a class like guardian where you have 101 ways of surviving or necro, maybe revenant if you want to support in fractals

11 minutes ago, AhsWeeT.5476 said:

... you basically would be easier with a class like guardian where you have 101 ways of surviving or necro, maybe revenant if you want to support in fractals

But isn't Guardian only viable for fractals as a power build?

I really don't want to play a power class. I have a Scourge but I don't like it, because of the Shades...

Edited by Tyrick.9805
typo

On 6/26/2021 at 1:19 AM, Tyrick.9805 said:

So I'm planning to start playing my ranger tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'd set up my character according to this build https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condi_DPS

Would I be able to solo champions open world or I'd need to keep a different set of gear every time I Want to do it?

I guess more skilled players can solo anything no matter what gear they have but I'm not an experienced player.

I just want to play a ranger with preferably dagger/x and maybe x/torch? Or a longbow could work too I'm not sure.

I noticed that there are many people against most metabattle builds so if someone could suggest a youtube video or some other guide, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Perhaps take a look at the Lord Hirzen build for PVE? I've never played it and admittedly this video is 8 months old so some abilities may have been altered in recent patches. It is a condition based Openworld Dagger/Dagger + Dagger/Torch build. Not sure how it would fare in Fractals?

Video is at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsiZxWl90fM

Build on GW2Skills

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?POwAgi%2FlZweYRMJGKeqXfP3REH-zRJYkRLfZkZK0bBo3BIctwbh3PN-e

His channel has PvE Openworld builds for all classes.

Edited by Andy.5981