Relative power rankings for at builds

Going to put what I feel the current common at builds in power ranking based on - mobility, burst, team fights potential and off node and on node 1v1 potential. This is mostly for new players that want to play a ‘meta build’ that they see on stream. However I think I can answer questions about other builds, also am willing to hear if I got anything wrong :

Ele(fire weaver)-

mobility B-

burst A-

team fight B-

on node 1v1 A+
off node 1v1 B+

Engineer(prot holo)-

mobility B-

burst B-

team fight C

on node 1v1 S

offnode 1v1 B-

Guardian(support)-

mobility B

burst F

team fight S-

on node 1v1 B

off node 1v1 F

Mesmer(condi mirage)

mobility A-

burst A

team fight C+
on node 1v1 B-

off node 1v1 A

Necro(scourge)

mobility C-

burst B

team fight S+

on node 1v1 A
offnode 1v1 C-

ranger(valk)

mobility B (A if you choose mh sword)

burst A-

team fight C+

on node 1v1 A-

off node 1v1 A-

rev(renegade)

mobility A-

burst S
team fight B+/A-

on node 1v1 B

off node 1v1 B+

Thief (Dp DrD)

mobility S+
burst A-

team fight C(would be F if they didn’t interrupt rezzes well)

on node 1v1 C-

off node 1v1 B

War (spellbreaker duelist)

mobility A-

burst B

team fight D

on node 1v1 B

off node 1v1 A

Edited by RedAvenged.5217
  • Like 1

Guardian(support)-

mobility B

burst F

team fight S-

on node 1v1 B

off node 1v1 F

Mobility: E w/o sword, C with sword.
Burst: agreed.
Team-fighting (post-nerfs): A
On node 1v1: horrible, LoS and timing are your friends. C against some builds, D or even E against others.
Off-node 1v1: what is considered 1v1 here? Because let's be honest, 1v1'ing off-node with this build is about as rare as an icicle hitting you in the head. 

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054

1 minute ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Mobility: E w/o sword, C with sword.
Burst: agreed.
Team-fighting (post-nerfs): A
On node 1v1: horrible, LoS and timing are your friends. C against some builds, D or even E against others.
Off-node 1v1: what is considered 1v1 here? Because let's be honest, 1v1'ing off-node with this build is about as rare as an icicle hitting you in the head. 

Well I kindof have to give support guard a higher mobility rating than scourge as that’s basically the whole reason people play it- it has lots of swiftness and a teleport which is nice.

it’s also A teir team fight for sure, but S teir if you get Rez signets, at least based off what I saw in the Mat where it would all of sudden have insane impact when they do that.

the rating for on node 1v1 is B becuz it’s tanky enough to hold the node for a while- otherwise it’s the worst 1v1er in the game.

I have to list a discrepancy between on and off node. For example warrior is considered a mediocre side noder rn- but take it to a 1v1 arena and it’ll beat almost anything. That’s because there is no node to take care of.

• Like 1

Some people who commonly play ats may need to take some of it with a grain of salt- a new player would need to know that if they hold a cap 1v1 on a support then they may actually get value, but not if they go around hoping to get kills.

I know some things like prot holo are considered the best side noder, but a new player in ranked might not be able to get carried by being tanking and waiting for their team, like most do in ats- they’d need to know that by themselves they might not be able to run around off node and still get kills on prot holo.

55 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Well I kindof have to give support guard a higher mobility rating than scourge as that’s basically the whole reason people play it- it has lots of swiftness and a teleport which is nice.

it’s also A teir team fight for sure, but S teir if you get Rez signets, at least based off what I saw in the Mat where it would all of sudden have insane impact when they do that.

the rating for on node 1v1 is B becuz it’s tanky enough to hold the node for a while- otherwise it’s the worst 1v1er in the game.

I have to list a discrepancy between on and off node. For example warrior is considered a mediocre side noder rn- but take it to a 1v1 arena and it’ll beat almost anything. That’s because there is no node to take care of.

Pre-nerfs was S-tier teamfighting for sure, but nowadays I'd say you have to be really good at it (and supporting in general) to pull off the same impact. Sure, rez signet is nice, but how you carry your team outside those is what makes or breaks a shoutguard. Line of Warding and Signet of Mercy are the easiest to notice, but there's a lot of nuance outside those that goes largely unutilized by many players.

Hence my own A-grade. It's not as easy to have an impact on a fight as with, say, necro.

I have noticed that team with support wins 100% of my games against team without support.
Its just how it is, with how easy it is to heal someone compared to how hard it is to damage someone.
And with how easy it is to revive vs how hard it is to down. Despite playing condi ranger ( perma poison ) signet always fully picks people up anyways ( healing bonuses apply to signet for reasons ) It makes the game bunkery and boring tbh
At least for me it drains the fun out of the game, when the most effective things are safe, easy, and very unexciting.

EDIT
core shout guard teamfight and team utility is S or S+, with their CC, aegis, might heals and signet.

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

I have noticed that team with support wins 100% of my games against team without support.
Its just how it is, with how easy it is to heal someone compared to how hard it is to damage someone.
And with how easy it is to revive vs how hard it is to down. Despite playing condi ranger ( perma poison ) signet always fully picks people up anyways ( healing bonuses apply to signet for reasons ) It makes the game bunkery and boring tbh
At least for me it drains the fun out of the game, when the most effective things are safe, easy, and very unexciting.

EDIT
core shout guard teamfight and team utility is S or S+, with their CC, aegis, might heals and signet.

Not after the nerfs. They shaved off quite a bit of the healing and boon duration. Supports don't make games bunker-y - bad targeting / focus and bunkers do.

4 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Not after the nerfs. They shaved off quite a bit of the healing and boon duration. Supports don't make games bunker-y - bad targeting / focus and bunkers do.

bunkers by themselves die, takes a bit but they die. but bunkers + support = immortal.
and they just noodle whack you, untill you run out of stun removing tools, then lock you down for 5s and kill you.
Boring kitten.
P.S
92 games this season. I have not had a single match where team with support lost vs a team without a support.
Had couple of close calls, but in the end support was too much and too easy value in the end.

Raised renegade team right to b+. It has great aoe pressure for cleaving and provides great boons. You just need to kite when under pressure to make it work very well in a team fight

edited: it’s actually almost an A- in that regard. Shiro renegade is without a doubt one of the overall strongest commonly played builds, it has a high skill ceiling though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Where's Berserker at? 🧐

You know, that very successful Berserker.

Like condi zerker? It would probably be lower mobility, better team fight, similar on node 1v1, much worse off node 1v1 - than spellbreaker duelist