How to interpret a benchmark ?

Other than the presence of "benchmark" being threw around when seeking for raid, I also see some that require, for example, "hitting at least 90% of the benchmark". How, do I even know if my character did hit it, or not ? Here's example benchmark from my punching the golem in the training area https://prnt.sc/181x78r

Snowcrows.com claims that DPS Reaper should do at least around 34K dps. So if I was supposed to do at least 90% of it, where do I look ?

• Sad 1

You need to install arcdps to see your damage (though it's written in chat in the golem area). Then the math is just (xx/100)*benchmark number. So for 90%, 0.9*34k = 30.6k. You need to hit 30.6k to reach 90% of the benchmark.

You'll be fine in pugs if you do 80% benchmark and know how to apply your rotation on the bosses. Just look at the written rotation + the video, and don't forget to queue your spells ! Takes a bit of time for the first class you do, but it's doable !

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Creepezel.2149 said:

Other than the presence of "benchmark" being threw around when seeking for raid, I also see some that require, for example, "hitting at least 90% of the benchmark". How, do I even know if my character did hit it, or not ? Here's example benchmark from my punching the golem in the training area https://prnt.sc/181x78r

Snowcrows.com claims that DPS Reaper should do at least around 34K dps. So if I was supposed to do at least 90% of it, where do I look ?

Did you do that without boons? 65% crit should not be possible. You are also supposed to kill the golem.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Below 80% you're underperforming
80% you discover a bit your class/spec and you'd be average in pug
90% you start to have a descent idea how you class/spec work and you'd often be in top dps in pug
95% you know most that need to be known about your class/spec and you dps race best players

that's of course assuming you understand how to adapt your rotation bosses

To compare youself with benchmark makes sure you apply same boons on yourself, use same food and apply same conditions on golem. else you might have inflated numbers

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Confused 1