My Hall Of Monuments Is Empty?

Just playing GW1 isn't enough to fill up the HoM, you also have to physically go to the Hall in GW1 and add whatever you want to include to the relevant monument. (For it to show up on the calculator and unlock the rewards in GW2 you also need to log out of GW1, don't make the mistake I have many times of opening the calculator as soon as you added an item and wondering why it doesn't show.)

To be able to add things to most of the monuments you'll need to obtain a tapestry from an EotN quest and apply it to the monument first (and this has to be done by each character who is adding stuff).

This guide is really helpful for walking you through the whole process and figuring out the best ways to get more points: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guide_to_earning_Hall_of_Monuments_rewards

7 hours ago, Recon.9461 said:

The few times I have popped into GW1 recently I have seen a few people running around, however, I think they are all mostly using Hero Henchmen that they have setup to fill out their parties. I wouldn't necessarily say GW1 is dead, but it certainly has turned into much more of a solo playstyle game.

If you are interested in increasing your HoM pts and playing GW1, it can most certainly still be done solo with heros/henchmen (and IMO still a great game worth playing). Plus the GW1 Wiki is amazingly filled out with all the information you would ever need to complete the game and your HoM.

That was the case even before GW2 was released. I used to get really frustrated when I'd ask in my guild if anyone wanted to do something with me, even things like the daily Zaishen bounty where there should have been lots of people doing it and I'd just get people telling me it was possible to do it with heroes and henchmen. If I said I'd rather do it with other players they'd recommend me guides to hero builds so I wouldn't need to ask. 🙄

I went through several guilds before finding one where people actually wanted to play together, then it collapsed and I had to start the process over again.

On 7/5/2021 at 10:06 PM, Akisohida.8963 said:

I'm guessing the Xunlai Chests are just callbacks? No way to open them?

The ones in the cobweb version of EotN where you're the only person, no.  But in the open-world version of EotN with other players around you can unlock the Xunlai chests after a certain point by talking to an NPC:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Chest

1 hour ago, Meow Ren.5382 said:

The ones in the cobweb version of EotN where you're the only person, no.  But in the open-world version of EotN with other players around you can unlock the Xunlai chests after a certain point by talking to an NPC:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Xunlai_Chest

Important point: this gives you access to your GW2 bank, not your GW1 storage. There is no way to get gold, items etc. from the first game into the second.

(Which is probably for the best, considering even normal enemies in GW1 could drop 100g in one go.)

• Thanks 1