Mesmer or Necromancer

Statikkzz.1297

Both work. It is more of a preference what you like. Mesmer is faster, does faster damage which necro is more tanky and tend to have stronger aoe. If you don’t like conditional damage, necro reaper is probably best choice for you. If you don’t want power I think both as viable. Mirage is more versatile. Necro has minions, which can make open world easy.

mesmer though is not for everyone. With the clones, gameplay can by a bit cumbersome. Also, everything is purple/pink. Necro is more green/black visually. 

If you are deciding class based on performance, the answer will be necro, the only thing mesmer does better then necro are mobility, porting and giving allies stealth.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:55 PM, otto.5684 said:

Mesmer is faster, does faster damage which necro is more tanky and tend to have stronger aoe.

reaper is able to hit the peak of their burst much much faster then chrono which is the current choice of power for mesmer, since there is a roughly a 13 seconds ramp up time for chrono due to continuum split. And the difference in dps is only roughly 2k or 5k(with danger time, which requires permanent slow on target, which is unrealistic in most situations)

• Confused 1

Perhaps... but Mesmer is way more dynamic.    A Juggernaut Reaper is stable, but thats also its biggest draw back.... it can get incredibly dull if you're not already moving with purpose.   Mesmer has a higher risk factor, but that danger keeps you on your toes.  Makes you think more about engagements, how to use your skills effectively, more mentally stimulating, and makes you popular with all the Pugs given the variety of assistive skills in your arsenal, that aren't just kill stealing in the process.   

When I'm meandering around OW I usually leave one utility slot free to drop in fringe case skills to help randos struggling with something on the map.  A Reflect here, a cleanse there, jacking the crazy boon stacks from the Eye of Zhaitan, etc.   But I really do miss the old Inspiration Signet.   Generate some quickness on myself, and just spread it to everyone around me during a boss fight. 

• Confused 1