Legendary Weapons armory idea (future update)

From feedback I have seen from people, I thought I would suggest an idea that if able to be implemented, could help one of the biggest gripes people have had about the armory. This could be added in a future update to armory to refine the current system.

The idea is simply this, when you pull a legendary weapon into a template, you add runes, sigils, set stats like normal, but then that configuration is remembered within the template, and let’s say you want to swap quickly, you press the H key, click on the weapon you want to swap and click the legendary weapon you predefined within the template, and wham, it’s swapped with sigils, stats ready to go.

In a way, doing this, you can actually have one template be a berzerkers template (or marauders, harrier, viper, etc) and say if you had predefined weapons within that template, you shouldn’t have as many problems running out of room on equipment templates. You could have all your berzerker weapons defined on one template and you don’t have to swap templates just to switch to a diff power build that could have different weapons being used, you just swap the weapon in the template and you are good to go.

Another way is simply to have a weapon history of recently defined weapons that you can choose.

1 hour ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Yes, there aren't enough template slots.

Those aren't templates, really.

1 hour ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

I guess the 2 weapon-sets are there on purpose, aren't they?

I don't think you get it: for 7 years, people used to be able to swap weapons quickly on the run, if a situation required it. It took less then 5 seconds to do so. Since the introduction of the "Templates" System, you were no longer able to do so on legendary gear, because the loadout (yes, that's right: loadout, not template) would reset your legendary weapon(s) once unequipped. People had to switch to ascended weapons to be able to swap quickly again if needed.

10 hours ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Another way is simply to have a weapon history of recently defined weapons that you can choose.

That would be great. The other stuff you suggested I think isn't implementable.

They could also add actual templates (like we have for builds: the 27 slots to the left) for equipment.

• Thanks 2