Suggestion: Character Model Limit should not cull NPC models

With the crowds at every world boss this week, I have started using the "Character Model Limit" option in settings to help with performance and general visibility during the events. For the most part this has worked well, but it does not seem to distinguish player models from NPC models. This leads to cases where I can't see the enemy I'm supposed to be fighting or can't see the NPC I'm supposed to be helping.

I don't know if there would be any way to treat player and NPC models differently, but if it is possible, culling only player models with Character Model Limit would keep the function of the setting while not causing problems with invisible NPCs.

• Like 5

I need to do some additional testing on this, but I think it is even hiding slain enemy models. In general not the worst thing, but if you don't have autoloot on (or available), not seeing where the sparkly body is could mean missing out on items.

Minions, pets, clones, minis should also be included in player models category. When I hide the name tags for players, the golems, shadow fiends, shamble horrors and other  creatures are still visible at present these pets, Minions are under NPC category which is so annoying as I want NPC names to be visible at all times and player and their Minions to disappear and not cloud the vision

6 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Minions, pets, clones, minis should also be included in player models category. When I hide the name tags for players, the golems, shadow fiends, shamble horrors and other  creatures are still visible at present these pets, Minions are under NPC category which is so annoying as I want NPC names to be visible at all times and player and their Minions to disappear and not cloud the vision

One of the very first things I noticed when GW2 launched was how difficult it could be to pick out NPC names in a player-crowded area. In GW1 it was not as much of an issue since there was a differentiation between showing player names and NPC names with a keybind. In GW2, holding ALT shows all names, player and NPC alike, so it is still a visual mess for me.

I had not considered the minions, pets, clones, and minis. That is a good point.