LW4: Storm Tracking: Outrun Kralkatorik

57 minutes ago, kleisthenes.6247 said:

The window for success is too small- It's overtuned, and should be fixed. 

Is this the one you have to run from Kralk in the mists?

Thats not broken and its for sure doable.  I goofed and failed the first time too, but once i knew the route, it was good.

also, not a bug. This belongs in general discussion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Thats not broken and its for sure doable.  I goofed and failed the first time too, but once i knew the route, it was good.

Doable on raptor? 

This section requires some more direction, as it seems to be designed confuse the player (based on how every other mission before has directions), in addition to small window for success. Maybe not a bug, but it is a flaw in game design that should be fixed. "Difficulty" through obscurity is not difficulty.

10 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Is this the one you have to run from Kralk in the mists?

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree here to 100% with kleisthenes.6247. The basic problem with this mission is not that it is buggy, but that it is designed in such a way, that it is for a lot of players  too difficult to complete. I include myself here, as I am the worst GW2-player in history 😁.

And no, practice does not help much (at least in my case). The "Storm Tracking" - mission is basically a jumping puzzle, something some players love, but a lot of other players (myself included again) do not like at all.

This leads to frustration for a lot of players, which, imho, is unnecessary, as it could be easily avoided by generally designing the Living - World missions with 2 ways to complete, so to speak, with an "easy road" to finish (in this case without the jumping stuff) and with a "hard road" for players who love and enjoy a challenge (and jumping 😁). 

For the "hard road" players, who love a real challenge, have better playing abillities and so on, special  rewards could be included, for example the "Jolly Mist Jumper" - title, the "Great Gianna Sisters Sibling" - title or the "Bubble Bobble"-bubble (ascended trinket).

So I would like to politely ask the good people of ArenaNet to consider the implementation of all that in the near future and maybe overwork the "Storm Tracking" - mission once again.  

Of course, all this is not such a big deal. Guild Wars 2 is a fantastic game in so many ways, so many great people with great brains and artistic talents have  made so many great contributions already to it. But maybe my suggestion could make the game even better. 

I am really  looking forward to Cantha btw, I hope Fort Espenwood is still opening its gates in 2022. For the Kurzicks!!😍

"Memory, all alone in the moonlight
I can dream of the old days
Life was beautiful then (...)"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble with Outrunning Kralkatorrik. I see some of you say it's doable and that you failed the first time. I've tried with different characters and over 15 times to do it. I was thinking it was a glitch and that my graphics are off. Is there any way to get through it? I have gotten towards the end and then get killed at the last minute. Help!

• 1 year later...