Seperate armor type from cosmetic appearance armor type + create future Outfits as the armor type that fits its design best

11 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

Technically no but practically yes as this way everyone would have access to 3 sets instead of only the one for their current weight class for every new content release.

But nobody would be able to mix and match with older skins anymore, as those have different points where the armor pieces meet up (which is the main problem why you can't mix-n-match in the first place). I'm sure that would go over great with the community /s

1 hour ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

But nobody would be able to mix and match with older skins anymore, as those have different points where the armor pieces meet up (which is the main problem why you can't mix-n-match in the first place). I'm sure that would go over great with the community /s

With a set weight it would be just like now with zero problems. This "4th weight" (what) being talked about or anything else is pointless overthought fluff. 

No restricted weights would be as simple as an elementalist equipping a heavy armor piece and now your slots are for heavy. As long as you still have at least 1 piece equipped, thats your current weight. Unequpping all and then equipping a medium piece, now all your slots are medium. You cant mix weights, but you can choose which one you want.

There are no problems with this since we dont have race restrictions on classes (as in all weights fit all races and races can be all classes). The only issue would be that some "uglier" sets per weight would never be used lol. But then on the other hand it would streamline Anets job too for technically giving more content to everyone for less work - a new light armor set fits all classes for example. Dont know if that is a good or bad thing 😛

Its what outfits should have been.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

No restricted weights would be as simple as an elementalist equipping a heavy armor piece and now your slots are for heavy. As long as you still have at least 1 piece equipped, thats your current weight. Unequpping all and then equipping a medium piece, now all your slots are medium. You cant mix weights, but you can choose which one you want.

So I get access to heavy armor defense rating on light armor classes? Where do I sign up for this?

4 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

So I get access to heavy armor defense rating on light armor classes? Where do I sign up for this?

Which could easily be flatted to 1000 for all weights, but yes with it remaining you'd surely be the last man standing because you took 2950 damage in your heavy armor instead of 3000 damage in your light armor.

8 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I find it funny you think they would create 3 sets for this new armor tier.

It would be 1 set per release mate.

I said 3 sets because they're already always releasing 3 sets based around one theme. It's just that currently you can only equip one of them so even if they release new sets at the same pace the access to new sets usable per char would triple. And even if we would only get "1 set per release", assuming routhly the same pace per set, this would still mean that we could get new releases at a vastly accelerated pace.

5 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Yes, as stated by the OP, this would be the downside to it. How much of a stir this would really cause however is questionable. PSO2 (another online RPG that heavily focuses on fathison) did basically just that and all that really caused was a minor annoyance within the community.