Full Celestial Madness

Ninjikun.2078

So recently I got bored and decided that I would make a full celestial mesmer to doink around on and play in WvW and PvE.

It's so stupid fun lmao. I play mirage and I feel invincible honestly. Sure killing things can take a bit longer, but I just feel like a mesmer should feel. You know?

Have any of yall tried this? Thoughts?

It wasn't bad in pvp on classes with high and long might stacking and/or hybrid traitlanes and weapons; like Firearms on Engie, or curse on necro, Fire ...

Obviously you had, quite rightly, some hates because these classes had no real optimisation, no trade-off but were able to hold cap and harass people for ages with no counter.

It's the same in WvW. Sure it might be long and boring fight, it is certainly usless in zerg; but when you roam and you have a celestial druid or engue holding a camp ... well ...  you give up or anyway you'll die over time, while he stills has the camp.

Is it frustrating, "unfair" ? Yes. But it's WvW, not a 1v1 trial by ordeal with judges.

So you could say, in the principe, in the "skill" or the experience, it's bad; but in practice some celestial builds do perfectly the job.

Doesn't mean you can't complain, or it has use everywhere, but "bad when you step foot in any PvP game modes" bad about what ?

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

It wasn't bad in pvp on classes with high and long might stacking and/or hybrid traitlanes and weapons; like Firearms on Engie, or curse on necro, Fire ...

Obviously you had, quite rightly, some hates because these classes had no real optimisation, no trade-off but were able to hold cap and harass people for ages with no counter.

It's the same in WvW. Sure it might be long and boring fight, it is certainly usless in zerg; but when you roam and you have a celestial druid or engue holding a camp ... well ...  you give up or anyway you'll die over time, while he stills has the camp.

Is it frustrating, "unfair" ? Yes. But it's WvW, not a 1v1 trial by ordeal with judges.

So you could say, in the principe, in the "skill" or the experience, it's bad; but in practice some celestial builds do perfectly the job.

Doesn't mean you can't complain, or it has use everywhere, but "bad when you step foot in any PvP game modes" bad about what ?

That "it" refers to mesmer, not celestial stat. 

Or at least I think they did

Edited by AXLIB.8425

4 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

I do think some classes are better suited for it, necro, engi, ele to name a few.

I can see where in some niche cases it can feel unbalanced. I looking at you d/d Cele ele. But it has such little use in a lot of content that I'm actually okay with it. 

I run a celestial guard in zerg on WVW and I do just fine normally. I know that wouldnt fly from any other classes.

But celestial mesmer feel right. It feels like that's how mesmers were designed to be played and it kinda made me fall in love with the class again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a set of cloth Celestial and some Cele weapons I made after the update and have tried it on Necro (never found a build I liked), Elementalist (which really likes Cele) and ofc, Mesmer.  I do not care for Mirage so I tried a variety of Chrono Cele builds and had a lot of fun.

You definitely feel the lack of power to overcome mobs quickly, but the sustain in various builds is bonkers.  I had the most fun with a Scepter/Shield and Wells Support build for parties and zergs, and actually felt kinda disappointed that this wasn't more viable in a general sense.

I dig Cele as a vehicle for helping you build whatever garbage you want as it cushions your bad choices.  It allowed me to explore really obscure or under-utilized builds and traits/gear combos and learn more about this game.

• Like 1

Yes, cele is nice thanks to the stat inflation and ability to pad stats in wvw, and alacrity is like a weird but welcome comfort that partially remedies the state of one-dodge and multiple cooldown nerfs across mirage weapon/utilities.

Nevermind the synergies with all the boons in chaos and staff buffs, it's fairly simple to spike high might, vigour stat buff, regen stat buff etc. And of course in pve it's stupid perma 25 might+almost every other boon with zero effort.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:48 AM, Ninjikun.2078 said:

So recently I got bored and decided that I would make a full celestial mesmer to doink around on and play in WvW and PvE.

It's so stupid fun lmao. I play mirage and I feel invincible honestly. Sure killing things can take a bit longer, but I just feel like a mesmer should feel. You know?

Have any of yall tried this? Thoughts?

Can I have this build to try it out? This sounds interesting.