noob question

darbok.3752

2 minutes ago, darbok.3752 said:

So, I need to get to pvp rank 20, before I can do ranked matches and ranked matches are the place to get shards of glory, no shards in unranked?

If im not mistaken theres shards of glory in the dailies for pvp amd some reward tracks.

You can buy Regular Shards of Glory from the Trading Post, and you can also make them in Reward Tracks. I believe all of the tracks have it.

Ascended Shards of Glory is a different story, you can only get Ascended Shards from Ranked using their pip reward system thing. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shard_of_Glory

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, darbok.3752 said:

So, I need to get to pvp rank 20, before I can do ranked matches and ranked matches are the place to get shards of glory, no shards in unranked?

You can get shards of glory from unranked too. Since they are just a normal material and are not account bound you can even buy them in the trading post - as has been pointed out already. They are also dirt cheap, one sells for way less than 1 silver. It's the "ascended shards of glory" that are only obtainable through the season rewards aka from playing ranked.